Lt. Commander
# 1 Cruiser Skills Question
11-09-2011, 03:07 PM
First off, I fly an excelcior most of the time.

Question is;

In the Skills under Lt Commander, do I really need to have any points in the Cruiser Captain slot? This slot says nothing about it being useful for higher tier Cruisers. The next two Cruiser slots, (Starfleet Commander and Starfleet Captain) both say that 50% of those skills will go to the next slot.

So, If the first flot under LT. Commander isn't carried upward then do I really need it at all?

Thanks

Jake81499
USS Rawlins VIII
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
First off, I fly an excelcior most of the time.

Question is;

In the Skills under Lt Commander, do I really need to have any points in the Cruiser Captain slot? This slot says nothing about it being useful for higher tier Cruisers. The next two Cruiser slots, (Starfleet Commander and Starfleet Captain) both say that 50% of those skills will go to the next slot.

So, If the first flot under LT. Commander isn't carried upward then do I really need it at all?

Thanks

Jake81499
USS Rawlins VIII
Think of it this way, for every level of "cruiser" expertise you have (Cruiser, heavy Cruiser, Exploration, Cruiser) 50% of THAT level is carried up as a bonus for the next higher level. So you will get : 50% Cruiser, 50% Heavy Cruiser, 50% Exploration cruier.... and so on.

That being said, it might not make a difference for much longer. The skills tree as being tested in F2P has removed ship expertise completely. Odds are, you need only worry about it for the next two months.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-14-2011, 11:45 PM
That really didn't answer my question.

Is the Cruiser under Lt. Commander worth spending skill points on since it doesn't specifically say that 50% of that slot goes to the other levels.

Thanks though...

Jake81499
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
That really didn't answer my question.

Is the Cruiser under Lt. Commander worth spending skill points on since it doesn't specifically say that 50% of that slot goes to the other levels.

Thanks though...

Jake81499
It doesn't say that 50% goes to higher tiers because it clearly states that it is 100%. I don't have the tooltip at hand but it says something like "applies to ALL cruisers". Tiers 1 and 2 go for 100%, 3 and 4 for 50% and 5 obviously 100%, too.

So to answer your questions, yes it is wise to put points in the lower tier captain skills and the most efficient ratio is 7/7/5/5/9. On the other hand, if you haven't done this yet, I wouldn't waste a respec for the last 3 weeks before the skill tree gets its revamp.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
It doesn't say that 50% goes to higher tiers because it clearly states that it is 100%. I don't have the tooltip at hand but it says something like "applies to ALL cruisers". Tiers 1 and 2 go for 100%, 3 and 4 for 50% and 5 obviously 100%, too.

So to answer your questions, yes it is wise to put points in the lower tier captain skills and the most efficient ratio is 7/7/5/5/9. On the other hand, if you haven't done this yet, I wouldn't waste a respec for the last 3 weeks before the skill tree gets its revamp.
^^^^ This. The Lt. Commander Skill USED to say it, must have been doinked with, it still works like that though.