# 31
11-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Over the next year i'd like to see
Six new Featured Series' each with:
A) 5 episodes
B) 1 new PVP map
C) Dedicated DOFF missions
D) 3 Repeatable dailies

Crafting Re-vamp (not fussed about the dilithium aspect) which includes the customisation aspect from Champions

Improved social zones (Andoria, Rura Penthe etc) so there's a reason to go there.

Into the Hive and Terradome STFs finished/reworked.

New Gamma Orionis story arc (5 missions)

Trill, Betazed and Khitomer
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-14-2011, 11:42 PM
I'd like to see:

4 featured episode series at a minimum (same quality and length as current ones)

1 new tour of duty/story arc campaign minimum- for the KDF, possibly another for UFP. Maybe flesh out borg/undine missions more as those were shorter than the Klingon/Romulan/etc. Cool if they can structure it around something relating to exploration/science/diplomacy (puzzle solving, etc) rather than just another skirmish/war.

Season 5 brings major overhaul of exploration system

Updated tutorials which actually incorporate SFA/KA

Steady re-work of key missions in the present storyline, a'la Rescue the Azura.

Also, continuing improvement of PVP/STF/FEs but I cannot comment much about these specifically, since I don't really play any of that. Maybe the Season 5 revamp can be centered around "social gameplay".

Late 2012, Season 6 with delta quadrant (possibly even an entire "delta quadrant adventure" where you get "stuck" in the delta quadrant for the duration of the adventure, say 10-15 missions. No access to the familiar sector space or amenities (including your bank) during this time, to replicate the feeling of being stranded.

For 2013, increase featured episodes to 5 minimum, preferably 6, but scale back improvements to the game (because the major ones should get addressed in 2012, in exchange for only 4 featured series).

But here's my prediction of what we're actually going to get:
1 FE series, possibly as a C-store unlock. This will not arrive until a several months after F2P because they need the time to fix the bugs and polish/finish the game in F2P state, so mid-2012
At least 2 C-store ships released every month, including the Odyssey Class (released along with new FE)
More uniforms and pets, at least 1 per month each in C-store
Price increase in the C-store, to combat inflation caused by broken dilithium economy
And one of the following announcements:
-Announcement about Season 5 and a new FE (announced late 2012, for release in 2013)- F2P survives 1 year
-Announcement that the STO servers are going offline- F2P fails and STO dies
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-15-2011, 12:39 AM
I would find 5 or 6 FE series, 2 task forces, 2 fleet actions plus what ever seasonal system updates they want to add about what i would expect. more if possible.

There needs to be a massive content push in 2012.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Minimum: 20 - 25 Episodes a year with them ALL being the same season that goes through a full arc with some filler episodes along the way. Exactly how normal Seasons are done on TV. Naturally break it in half and have a mid-season cliffhanger.
Within that Season introduce new Fleet Actions and STFs as part of the season. Fighting on DS9 - Tada new DS9 Season STF and Fleet Action.

Cryptic could easily get away with offer one - two major 'expansions' a year that pulls this off and deal with bug-fixes and minor additions as needed in-between. The longer season time lets them actually develop arcs over a longer period and effectively make the new seasons weave into the game like the 'Fronts' rather than be some weird after-addition that gets jammed into a front.