Lt. Commander
# 1 rapid reload transphasic torps
11-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Is there a special feature or way to use this reward from the breen missions that I'm just missing? I have always been underwhelmed by this and I'm just thinking I might have missed something. Who uses these and how do they work effectively?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2011, 07:53 PM
They're normal transphasics with a shorter cooldown. Nothing special... They're better than typical transphasics, but they're still transphasic. They still give up damage for their shield penetration, keeping them lower than quantums on the same cooldown (instead of less damage on a longer cooldown) and when they do hit shields, the portion that doesn't penetrate is still mitigated down to almost nil, meaning they're only fully effective on bare hulls, at which point everything they give up for shield penetration is... just given up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2011, 09:04 PM
ah the rapid reload transphasics. they make every single other transphasic torps useless, because they reload faster with no drawbacks. basically they are the only transphasics worth using, they still suck though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2011, 09:25 PM
thats pretty much what I thought, but with the skill revamp comming down the pipe i didn't know if they had the potential to suck less. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Well, it helped them in so far that they don't cost more skill points to spec into than quantum, photon, or har'peng. That's good for antiproton, but really didn't do much to help any of the other energy or torpedo types that have been left behind.