Lt. Commander
# 11
11-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Indeed you can have each MK breen set in your inventory, but only one of each MK set.

So I was wondering. what if: I sell my Mk X set. Can I grind a new one? Or will the system recognize that it was a unique set and not allow you to pick another.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos_B View Post
Indeed you can have each MK breen set in your inventory, but only one of each MK set.

So I was wondering. what if: I sell my Mk X set. Can I grind a new one? Or will the system recognize that it was a unique set and not allow you to pick another.
I wouldn say that this is the easiest way to get a ton of EC... Never... Nope... would never say this. (wait... I actually belive i said that in my previous post... Well.. here we go: You can get it as many times as you wish... Unique only means that you can't have more than one at a time).

But odd... I always had to sell the older gears, before getting new ones... Meh... they must have changed it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Yes, you can do this - some call this "Breen Farming". A well known exploit, you can run the 3 missions for these rewards, immediately sell them for EC, then select these re-run the missions again and obtain these pieces again. Pst... the one worth doing this on is Cold Call (due to it's short length) - Cold Case & Cold Storage take much longer to complete which is probably why this loophole hasn't been nerfed by the devs.

However, for instance, if you are a Vice Admiral, you can only re-earn the mk XI set. You can keep the mk X & mk XIII and use them as well providing you had earned them at Rear Admiral & Captain levels but if you sell off pieces of these older mk sets, you cannot earn them back since as a VA, you are only elligible for the mk XI ones as rewards.

Another caveat I found is that you cannot mix and match the mk levels of the breen set and get the set bonuses - for instance, if you have a mk X breen parabolic deflector, and the mk VIII Supercooled Engines & mk VIII Dielectric Shields installed on a ship, you will not get the set perk - e.g. the energy siphon, in this case you would get the set bonus for having only two of the like items - e.g. the superconducting phase channels.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-16-2011, 06:03 AM
I am a bit surprised by this discovery. I mean: it is decent XP to redo the missions (if you have no more missions to do at UHRA level like myself) and it gets you a more than decent pay as well... Actually: I am a bit shocked even.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos_B View Post
I am a bit surprised by this discovery. I mean: it is decent XP to redo the missions (if you have no more missions to do at UHRA level like myself) and it gets you a more than decent pay as well... Actually: I am a bit shocked even.
Grinding the Breen missions and the first two Devidian missions (Skirmish and Spin the Wheel) are, in my opinion, a good way to level-grind productively. They all give decent amounts of points (to help you level), and the rewards are generally worthwhile. Heck, grinding Skirmish 5 times per rank is probably worth it, even if you only do it for the Phase-Shifted Shield. Getting points as well is just gravy.