Lt. Commander
# 1 Respeccing Traits for CP
11-16-2011, 02:36 AM
With the introduction of new space skills (and later on ground skills), the Traits you chosen in the beginning might not suit your new needs once you get the new skills.

With f2p coming at 17.01 (kewl date ! USS Enterprise NCC-1701) and cryptic relying on CP for income,
maybe it is possible to introduce respeccing Traits for a fee, just like renaming a captain's name
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-16-2011, 04:03 AM
I doubt Cryptic care that they borked up traits, leaving many characters with ones they no longer want.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2011, 04:08 AM
The request for retraits is as old as this game.... Dont know why they didnt do that... I mean they must have known that this comes up when DEVELOPING the game...
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreelancerAlpha
With the introduction of new space skills (and later on ground skills), the Traits you chosen in the beginning might not suit your new needs once you get the new skills.

With f2p coming at 17.01 (kewl date ! USS Enterprise NCC-1701) and cryptic relying on CP for income,
maybe it is possible to introduce respeccing Traits for a fee, just like renaming a captain's name
Free trait respec with the revamp, THEN trait respecs for CP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Free trait respec with the revamp, THEN trait respecs for CP.
I agree with this...

It would be rather moronic to expect us to pay out our wallets to fix what cryptic borked up for us !
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
The request for retraits is as old as this game.... Dont know why they didnt do that... I mean they must have known that this comes up when DEVELOPING the game...
The game didn't have even skill respecs at launch. Seems that changing skills is easier for them then traits. So much easier that we got respecs with Season 1 or so, and trait respec not so far.

So I would not count on it being available now either.

There is certainly no business reason for them to not do this. Re-Traints could probably be priced identical to respecs and people would buy them. (Note that respec prices are going up with F2P.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-16-2011, 06:46 AM
I support Trait respecs, even if I have to pay for them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The game didn't have even skill respecs at launch. Seems that changing skills is easier for them then traits. So much easier that we got respecs with Season 1 or so, and trait respec not so far.

So I would not count on it being available now either.

There is certainly no business reason for them to not do this. Re-Traints could probably be priced identical to respecs and people would buy them. (Note that respec prices are going up with F2P.)
I remember that, but the skill respec was implementet so fast (I think about the 45 day patch?) that I asume it just wasnt finished at launch...
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah id love to be able to choose what powers my captain has, I wouldn't even mind paying for it and i never thought id say that
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
I remember that, but the skill respec was implementet so fast (I think about the 45 day patch?) that I asume it just wasnt finished at launch...
It may just have been really easy to do - the skills already "respec" every time you gain skill points and spend some of them. So I suppose it was build from the start to be something "in flux".