Lt. Commander
# 71
11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
actually it tells me

c) Cryptic bit off more than it could chew, tossed out a unfinished game in less than a year and hasn't had the time or money to finish the game until perfect world purchased it.
The problem with your argument is you assume pvp players and pve players are totally different, that's incorrect, because the majority of the playerbase is the people that play both at once, and just haven't had much to do on the pvp side.

Add in some better pvp and the majority of the players will do both. The notion that they are exclusive of each other is one perpetuated by the extremes of both sides, the middle ground players that don't bother posting in those arguments are usually ignored when they do.
I wholeheartedly agree. I like pve and I like pvp, but I get bored of any game if I hammer out the same activities over and over. Additionally, I think most pvpers are quite active pve'rs, and I suspect many players are the reverse. The segmentation of the gaming population in an either/or type of description I believe to be completely erroneous and doesn't make a lot of sense. THere are people who favor one side or the other, and others who just like to play anything (like me).
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
I'd say the same. only show me hard data that PvP, spends money or is even close to the numbers of PvE people. I mean you could just accept the fact that most games cater to the crowd, and if a majority of STO players were PvP then the game would be vastly different. This and many more games, it's all the same.

"Common" sense is more common than you might think. Not agreeing with it doesn't make it not common, "Common Sense" means, think about it, use some logic, it's common because any intelligent person can figure it out.
I just wanted to say, with absolutely nothing to do with your actual post, the image in your sig made me think of Captain Princess Marissa Amber Flores Picard Gordon, Princess and Heir to the Throne of Planet Essex, and HEROINE OF THE FEDERATION(tm) (to be said by BRIAN BLESSED in the same tone of voice as one would speak of Caiaphas Cain's own title.)

Thank you, fanfic, for making the world of Trek a stranger and more interesting -- if not entirely sane -- place.

This thread detour is complete, you may now return to what you were doing before. Thank you for your patience.
Lt. Commander
# 73
11-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
PvPers in STO have been running on hope for 2 years. We're out of that. Need something else.
amen.........................