Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 221 Lifetime Memebers
11-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
If you've got questions and are looking for some clarifications concerning Star Trek Online's transition to a free-to-play model, this is the place to ask them.

EDIT: Star Trek Online: Free-to-Play launches January 17, 2012.
Hello,
I have a lifetime subscription what benefits does my account recieve for being a lifetime subscriber since the game is going to free play, do I get extra dilithium, cheaper prices at the c-store more experience boost? And will there still be ships available for purchase in the C-Store because I do not have the time to gather the resources required just to out right purchase the ships given the new economy. I would like a little more detail and some clarifications on these topics. Will there still be missions that give gear for your ship and your person and crew that are level specific, but are usually very rare, rare, or uncommon like the deferi mission story give three very rare ship items for completion of certain missions in the story, I would like that to be kept, becaue I enjoyed that very much. You could upgrade you ship sytems at no cost to you and gain experience while doing it. Do you have to level up sometimes to play more story missions? The questions stated previously I would like more details on. Besides the question I would like to say I enjoy STO a lot and keep up the good work.

Sincerely

Michael McCoy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 222
11-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecabbie View Post
hi,
i have a lifetime subscription, and what does happen to us in the free 2 play transition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_9
Hello,
I have a lifetime subscription what benefits does my account recieve for being a lifetime subscriber since the game is going to free play, do I get extra dilithium, cheaper prices at the c-store more experience boost?...
As LifeTime Subscribers (LTS) you will both become Gold Members of STO, same as any other paid subscriber. Players who play for Free will be Silver Members. The basic difference between the two are here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features

But that's the Public Relations Spin of the subscriber benefits. Be aware that they game is fundamentally changing so that to get anything but the most common (literally) base gear, will require excessive grinding for their new double-time-gated currency Dilithium and/or the acquisition of Cryptic Points. This will affect both Silver and Gold Members alike. The biggest benefit to being a Gold Member is you will get a free Ship Token (up through Rear Admiral, until you're a 600-Day Vet then you get the VA Token unlock) and the 400 CP Monthly Stipend. The latter is diluted by the fact that C-Store prices will generally be raising come F2P.

If you'd like more info on how your subscription is changing, I invite you to click on my signature picture and read my thread on the changes.

P.S. I'm surprised that Blue_Fire bothered to edit the OP on this thread with the F2P Launch Date, considering there's been bugger-all response from Cryptic in this or any of thread in the F2P Question & (LOL)Answer Forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 223 gold/silver limit listing
11-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Duh, never mind, I'm an idiot. Going to read that page that actually does tell what the perks are.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 224 Toon Transfers
11-17-2011, 01:57 PM
I have 1 Fed toon and a Klingon toon on the Tribble server. I have 2 Klingon toons and 1 Fed toon on the Holodeck server. What will happen to my toons when the changes fro F2P happen ?

Thanks
Steve
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 225
11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPILKA View Post
I have 1 Fed toon and a Klingon toon on the Tribble server. I have 2 Klingon toons and 1 Fed toon on the Holodeck server. What will happen to my toons when the changes fro F2P happen ?

Thanks
Steve

The characters on the Tribble server will likely be deleted or archived. Any rewards will be made available on holodeck.

Your characters on Holodeck will be left alone when the change happens. When you log on, they will go through a similar conversion process to transferring to tribble (emblems, marks, merits, et cetera will be converted). If you stop paying, your characters will be archived and you will be allowed to convert them to silver or keep them and continue paying for gold at a later date.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 226
11-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Q: If I have a trill character which was a feature of the deluxe edition what will happen to it when it goes F2P? Do I lose it if I go silver or am I forced to be gold to access it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 227 Obvioius question
11-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Now that you are going F2P, what bonus will those of use that bought a lifetime membership gain?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 228
11-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
Q: If I have a trill character which was a feature of the deluxe edition what will happen to it when it goes F2P? Do I lose it if I go silver or am I forced to be gold to access it?
I believe the Devs have said anything you've already purchased/earned remains unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayfard View Post
Now that you are going F2P, what bonus will those of use that bought a lifetime membership gain?
The answers you seek are in post 222.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
that is not a difference. you paid the same amount as everyone else and then expect special treatment.

Well, I can tell you, I've spent at least twice that in the cstore, so again, we've both contributed to this game.
I am referring to subscription fees, therefore your argument is invalid. if you can't see how a lifetime subscriber is only required to pay at most $300 and therefore will pay considerably fewer sub fees over the life of the game you need to take another look.



so you resort to insults and 'yay i'm better than you because I paid $300 up front!!' elitism. it doesn't help your case.



no it was a lie. as others have already told you in several other posts. even if liberated borg are being made available to others that does not mean you are losing them. you still have the same ability to create one. hence you have lost nothing.



the benefit of the lifetime membership is never paying again. and you still aren't losing anything.



they aren't supposed to gain anything substantial. a lifetime membership is a lifetime membership. thats the purpose behind buying it



I see alot of people claim this despite the fact it has no basis in reality



current users keep what they already have. liberated borg characters are not removed from lifetime accounts. this has already been made clear



no, because by its very concept that is not free to play. free to play makes more money than subscriptions from microtransaction sales, therefore its in the best interest of cryptic leave silvers as they are to attract more people. more people = more transactions = more money. its the whole 'it takes money to make money' concept[/quote]

Do you know about the time value of money? Its safe to assume that every dollar that was put in by life time subscribers wasn't spent as soon as it was paid, so the value of that money over time is greater because of the intrerest that is earned on the money.

Also, not having exclusive access to content after it was given to you is a loss.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 230
12-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illrigger View Post
I'm not following your logic at all. Free is free, it doesn't change the price of anything except to make it cheaper. Just because CO gives you more free doesn't actually make free any more or less valuable, it being, well... *free*.

It certainly doesn't make things that are *not* free more expensive, all it can do is make it cheaper - after all you get no free points for $15 now, vs those same $15 giving you 400 free points after. That makes any purchase you made this month cost 400 more points than it would after they start giving you free points.

BTW, 400 points is NOT less than $5.00, it's exactly $5.00 ($6.25 = 500 points, 80 points per $1 = 400 per $5), so I'm not sure what your point was to begin with...
wow it dont take a lot to understand this i will give it a try the 400 free points per month is not free in order to get them you need to pay a sub of 15.00 to get the first 400 then you need to figure 5 months to pay 15.00 that will get you 2000. now that is 75.00 just for 2000 stipend you just paid for 400 little points per month i agree with you at 100% it is cheaper for a free to player to get a better deal 25.00 gets you the 2000 points instead of paying a sub for 5 months at 75.00 just to get 2000 points. as for the limits for silver really i can buy extra officer,character bank and inventory slots cheap and still keep up with you pay players
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 PM.