Lt. Commander

So I logged in to tribble and immediately noticed quite a few changes. I'll list what I noticed and whether I liked or disliked it. hopefully many will add to that list so we all can provide feedback on the most recent changes.

1. The graphic overhaul of ESD. ESD now has cartoony, colorful direction signs all over the place. You seriously can't walk five paces without seeing a half-dozen signs or more. I really don't like this at all, it's like your saying I'm too stupid to find my way without an arrow pointing to another arrow and another until I get to my destinatioin. you might as well add colored lines to the floor.

2. The second set of stairs removed from the ceremony room. I like this one, it unclutters the hall in that area, and makes the ceremony room look larger.

3. The cartoony bangs over npc heads. Again, I don't like it, it's several steps below the bangs you were using.

4. The new(er) skill tree. It's broken, I can't spend a single point, and some points I DID spend got un-spent for me!?! (EDIT: I am able to use a respec and get things back on track, now I can assign new skill points, but only to the top tier, I can't add to a lower tier skill.)

5. The DOFF interface upgrade? A mixed bag of fun and torture here. You can't double click on a Doff mission to open it anymore, you now have to highlight it and then click on start. At least you can still double click your doffs. I like the new tabs for Doff (i.e. completed) but the changes to the mission interface make it WAY too cluttered (especially the mission briefing screens).

6. The character selection screen. I guess this should've been first since it's the first thing I noticed. I like the changes. i like the larger character creation buttons at the top of the character list. I like the more open feel of the login screen, and the backdrops as well.

Please add to ths list and feel free to comment/criticize/agree/disagree. There's not a lot of time left to get changes in before this all goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2011, 04:33 PM
It crashed my game so I can't even see any changes lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2011, 04:41 PM
They changed the Ship Selection Screen...

It now shows a view of the interior of the ESD Hanger behind yer ship.

Very Nice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah not a fan of the new Doff look. At ESD I have sound going on an off, white boxes over the elite guys heads, I cannot report to D'Vak to turn in the requisition mission, and yeah the new signs are something out of Garfield, not very Trek at all...

I am happy tho that Winters has been fired and Sulu is back :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
ESD has had directions signs all over the place for a while now, they were all just so uniform and flat that people stopped noticing them.

I mostly have a gripe with the color-coded arrows. Right now, they aren't stylistically in-line with the other icons and really stick out and make everything else look worse. Not to mention the blue lighting on ESD makes the yellow signs look green at times, which could be confusing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
They changed the Ship Selection Screen...

It now shows a view of the interior of the ESD Hanger behind yer ship.

Very Nice.

Yeah, I went in and checked that out, very nice indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
STF Timer:

Do NOT like the timer on the STF's.. My very first run after the patch and got stuck with people who were NOT payiong attention to the mission in Cure space.. Mission failed due to the Kang being destroyed and I'm locked out of it for an hour.. great wonderfull, lovely.. Please take the timer back off.

It really doesn't make that much sense to have it anyway. Strongly object to its presence.

CRAFTING AND DILITHUM:

I still don't like it. Why not just make crafting a GOLD level membership perk and dump the Dilithium requirement entirely so that if you don't have a paid sub you don't get to craft... Crafted item can be flagged as unsellable on the exchange if thats a concern. They can also be flagged as requiring a paid sub to equip them on a person or ship. (if you uniquip them you need to have a current subscription to re-equip them)

If you dont want us crafting then just take crafting out of the game. At this point you may as well. I personally see no need at this point in Dilithium based crafting. Its simply more bother then its worth. It was a time sink before, and now its even more so because of the daily Dilithium refinement limits.

More on this in another post. This one is just feed back on todays patch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Haven't been to ESD yet, but heading there to look now.

I do like the new character screen.

Most (that is MOST) of the graphics seem to have a nicely polished edge.

The DOff interface is nice looking, but I can't click on a skill to see what it's various rewards are anymore?

Login Screen: It's pretty, and looks good, but I prefer my old UFP Login screen.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
STF Timer:

Do NOT like the timer on the STF's.. My very first run after the patch and got stuck with people who were NOT payiong attention to the mission in Cure space.. Mission failed due to the Kang being destroyed and I'm locked out of it for an hour.. great wonderfull, lovely.. Please take the timer back off.

It really doesn't make that much sense to have it anyway. Strongly object to its presence..
Agreed. Timer is bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Wow, hanging out in ESD, yead... I don't like the new signs, even if you are going to keep them anyway, don't have them just hanging there, put a frame of some sort around them.

I had no trouble reading the old ones, but I guess this is a way of getting more non-English speakers playing? Please frame or border the signs.