Lt. Commander
I was playing, yesterday, without any problems but now I can't login anymore. When I run STO, It opens a window named Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate, it says:
"Trying to update the launcher.
Please be patient.
Tried connecting 1 time."

It takes some minutes, then I get an error window " Patcher error", saying "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

I tried several times but somehow It doesnt update my game client.
Some mmorpg has a manual update patch, I wonder if STO has it too, if doesnt, it would be nice having it too.
It will avoid problems to players, specially just after an update, like now.

Best Regards.

PS: I already tested my Internet Connection, trhoughput, latency, everything is like yesterday, except my STO game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
One more with the exavt same problem. My conexion seems to be working fine too, although I haven't made an extesive test as you. And I were able to enter on the launcher until some hours ago.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2011, 03:30 PM
It's good to find another brazilian playing it too. :p
Let's hope we can get a manual update patch for this update.
Lt. Commander
i am also getting the same problem with same error message.i am also getting the message unable to establish connection to patch server.please check internet connection.if problems persist,please contact tech support.my internet connection is working great,and i had no problems playing all day yesterday.whats going on?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
They released this new update today, and players like us, are having problems to download this patch using autoupdate.
We need to download a manual update patch, otherwise we will need to try again, using autoupdate, when everyone is sleeping.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Fixed it! At least this is my hope. My instalation is trough steam. But I have the independent installer also. So, I installed it, and copied the old launcher for the folder on steam instalation. Now I'm able to enter on the launcher. Right now it is patching Tribble. Actually, it is patching the whole 11 GB. I don't know if there is a way to avoid it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mock View Post
i am also getting the same problem with same error message.i am also getting the message unable to establish connection to patch server.please check internet connection.if problems persist,please contact tech support.my internet connection is working great,and i had no problems playing all day yesterday.whats going on?
seems to be working fine now
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Just started up the launcher and am getting the exact same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Omg
11-18-2011, 08:40 AM
This is actually doing my head in ive got the same problem is there anything being done about it? because it would be great if the game would work lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-18-2011, 09:35 AM
This happened to before. I just waited until most were done and then tried it and it worked.