Lt. Commander
# 11
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
DO not like the force faction on character slots. Not for one second. That should be reverted.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII
1. The graphic overhaul of ESD. ESD now has cartoony, colorful direction signs all over the place. You seriously can't walk five paces without seeing a half-dozen signs or more. I really don't like this at all, it's like your saying I'm too stupid to find my way without an arrow pointing to another arrow and another until I get to my destinatioin. you might as well add colored lines to the floor...

3. The cartoony bangs over npc heads. Again, I don't like it, it's several steps below the bangs you were using.
Agreed on both points. Even as a work-in-progress, the new Earth Spacedock signage is atrocious and a distinct step in the wrong direction. In its current state, the colors, design, multitude, and placement of the signs are nothing less than immersion shattering and, as noted, assume the player to be clueless. On the positive side of things, I really appreciate the holographic flicker added the signs, and the Starfleet emblems in use are beautifully done. On the whole, however, the directional signs on Earth Spacedock should definitely be rethought.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
DO not like the force faction on character slots. Not for one second. That should be reverted.
When I hover over the Fed or KDF icon I get a tooltip that says "XX unrestricted slots remaining" was something different?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post

Could you go into more detail please. I don't know what you're refering to.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Getting to ESD is still broken.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Getting to ESD is still broken.
Mostly from the SOL System... Not too bad most of the time, from SFA.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Mostly from the SOL System... Not too bad most of the time, from SFA.
It's worse now... I just logged out quickly, and now I'm stuck trying to load ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

So I logged in to tribble and immediately noticed quite a few changes. I'll list what I noticed and whether I liked or disliked it. hopefully many will add to that list so we all can provide feedback on the most recent changes.

1. The graphic overhaul of ESD. ESD now has cartoony, colorful direction signs all over the place. You seriously can't walk five paces without seeing a half-dozen signs or more. I really don't like this at all, it's like your saying I'm too stupid to find my way without an arrow pointing to another arrow and another until I get to my destinatioin. you might as well add colored lines to the floor.

2. The second set of stairs removed from the ceremony room. I like this one, it unclutters the hall in that area, and makes the ceremony room look larger.

3. The cartoony bangs over npc heads. Again, I don't like it, it's several steps below the bangs you were using.

Agree whole heartedly with all of the above.

I like that there are now actual lamps along the wall in ESD. Not sure how I feel about the lamps themselves though. Something about them doesn't seem to fit. Color maybe?

The new DOFF screen is NOT an improvement. Much less streamlined than the old system. I will say that I love some of the little additions though, namely the "recently recruited" search.

I'm not sure if draw distance was changed somewhere to make room for all the thousands of F2Players expected or if it is just my system, but I also seem to be getting alot of "ghosting" as NPCs sort of phase into existance on ESD. Anyone else seeing this? Is the guy from Lost playing with outlawed Cloaking devices again?

All in all a good update, I think. Keep up the good work Devs.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor-Man
Agree whole heartedly with all of the above.

I'm not sure if draw distance was changed somewhere to make room for all the thousands of F2Players expected or if it is just my system, but I also seem to be getting alot of "ghosting" as NPCs sort of phase into existance on ESD. Anyone else seeing this? Is the guy from Lost playing with outlawed Cloaking devices again?
Yeah, I'm getting this a lot on Q'onos as well. Seems to happen more in certain places. Some areas you can see the crowds fine, but down by the fighting pit everyone seems to disappear if they're more than just a few meters away from you. I'd guess it was a LOD thing, but it doesn't seem strictly tied to distance from the player. Hope they fix it. (Then again, maybe it's just for the multiphasic event. If we start seeing kirk floating in his space suit, it's confirmed )
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenizenVI
Yeah, I'm getting this a lot on Q'onos as well. Seems to happen more in certain places. Some areas you can see the crowds fine, but down by the fighting pit everyone seems to disappear if they're more than just a few meters away from you. I'd guess it was a LOD thing, but it doesn't seem strictly tied to distance from the player. Hope they fix it. (Then again, maybe it's just for the multiphasic event. If we start seeing kirk floating in his space suit, it's confirmed )
I want a U.S.S. DEFIANT NCC-1764, if that is the case !!

FIRST!!

<chuckle>