Lt. Commander
# 21
11-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

1. The graphic overhaul of ESD. ESD now has cartoony, colorful direction signs all over the place. You seriously can't walk five paces without seeing a half-dozen signs or more. I really don't like this at all, it's like your saying I'm too stupid to find my way without an arrow pointing to another arrow and another until I get to my destinatioin. you might as well add colored lines to the floor.

3. The cartoony bangs over npc heads. Again, I don't like it, it's several steps below the bangs you were using.

Please add to ths list and feel free to comment/criticize/agree/disagree. There's not a lot of time left to get changes in before this all goes live.
These two are my biggest gripes as I have also said in the other thread... This being a "Trek" MMO is the biggest draw to STO for me, otherwise I wouldn't still be around sadly though some of this stuff just takes it further and further away... Also as I said i'm not meaning to knock the work put into them or say they are bad necessarily but they just don't fit.

I thought the changes to the Doff UI and char creator looked nice though!
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Personally I'd like the new character buttons at the bottom rather than the top. They seem out of place where they are now. Also, if we can individual rename and delete buttons for each character, can we have a play one too? Perhaps stack the 3 of them on the right hand side rather than along the bottom.

Haven't seen ESD yet but the new map icons look horrid.

Some great improvements to the DOFF interface, some not so good. Swapping a lot of stuff from right to left is confusing but I guess I'll get used to that. However, the new assign and unassign officer buttons make the interface seem much too cramped. Lastly, can we have a by category view back for the in progesss window?
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-18-2011, 12:37 AM
The doff interface is much better. It is confusing at first but thats because we are used to how it was. we'll adapt but generally i like it.

The new login and the splash screen when you exit look very nice. The ESD updates are ok for me, but too cartony in places. Lose the neon arrow and adjust the graphics to look less hand drawn. I do like the 3D holographic nature of them though.

I noticed when my tier 4 diplomacy got converted up it went to something like 100'073 points or something odd.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-18-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake45
Personally I'd like the new character buttons at the bottom rather than the top. They seem out of place where they are now. Also, if we can individual rename and delete buttons for each character, can we have a play one too? Perhaps stack the 3 of them on the right hand side rather than along the bottom.

Haven't seen ESD yet but the new map icons look horrid.

Some great improvements to the DOFF interface, some not so good. Swapping a lot of stuff from right to left is confusing but I guess I'll get used to that. However, the new assign and unassign officer buttons make the interface seem much too cramped. Lastly, can we have a by category view back for the in progesss window?

That's definitely one of the biggest problems with the doff UI change. It's just way too cluttered. I really liked the arrow/triangle on the side for moving the doffs back and forth, the un/assign buttons seem very unnecessary.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-18-2011, 06:19 AM
I lked the whole change-up from the New skills stats being up to 99 maxed, the DOff UI changes and I saw nothing new as far as graphics on Qo'nos.
I like the changes so far.