Lt. Commander
# 11
11-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I entirely agree with the op and have little to add besides...

I'd rather see them to go away entirely or at least beeing able to deactivate them.
Even the non-cartonish versions we had before were a MASSIVE moodkiller....
Im always for player selected enable features... But by default they should defnetly be on...
I'd hate to have to tell every new player where Sulu is...

wait...
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Im always for player selected enable features... But by default they should defnetly be on...
I'd hate to have to tell every new player where Sulu is...

wait...
I'd rather stay 5 hours a day in Quinns office pointing noobs to sulu then... that crapy thing coming into the game.
Again: That cartoon signs kill the little atmosphere the game has entirely.
If it is possible to deactivate them... ok.
If the choice is between having them or not having them.... NO! NEVER!
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-18-2011, 06:56 AM
I support an option to toggle them on/off.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2011, 07:07 AM
They are butt ugly. They do not fit the setting, they are distracting.

The new map icons are good, I like them, they're highly visible. The new ESD signage is utterly horrid. Please remove it ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-18-2011, 07:17 AM
When I logged on tribble and saw what they did to ESD all I could think of was "I could have sworn that I started the STO launcher."

This cartoonish stuff doesn't fit into the Star Trek universe. It looks horrible.

This isn't a saturday morning cartoon. We are talking about Star Trek here. That would never fly in the IP.

Remember Starfleet is supposed to be a military organization in the Federation's armed forces. Would the U.S. Navy put those cartoonish signs at their shipyards and or ships? NO! They wouldn't!

If you really have to handhold every new player through every piece of content (like you did with the forced mission progression ) then give them a non intrusive feature like the Enterprise D had in Encounter at Farpoint. Riker asked the computer to direct him to Commander Data. Remember that scene? If yes. Good! Now work on such a feature instead and give us the former ESD back. Not the horrid first one but the one that was in the previous build.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
They are butt ugly. They do not fit the setting, they are distracting.

The new map icons are good, I like them, they're highly visible. The new ESD signage is utterly horrid. Please remove it ASAP.
This. I love the icons as they are used for the map and the vendors, but I loathe them being used as directional signage.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Oh my god.... I just locked on on Tribble and walked through ESD... I did know about the ugly interactintg indicators from screenshots and other areas.... but I didnt see the giant extension of misery on ESD before.
Its not only that signs about the NPCs head... there are signs all over the place that look like taken from a version from Champoins online with 6-years old kids as targert audience... It looks UNBLEIEVABLE cheap.

Also the new logg in screen... the background in the ship-costumizer.... How cound ANYBODY find that changes appealing?
I dont to be all negative again but.... it sucks... all of it.... why trying to fix something that is not broken?
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-18-2011, 07:42 AM
OMG TerilynnS posted
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I came to the forums specifically to search for THIS.

After commenting on a post about not being able to LOAD esd, I finally get in and there are these really kindergarten-ish looking signs all over the place. The holography effect is ok in itself - don't scrap that idea, but the style of the sign "icons" and colored arrows - NO. the font for the labels - NO. There was nothing wrong with it before other than the inconsistency in the style sometimes from one sign to another - like you told 2 guys what you wanted the signs to look like and they both did good following directions, but they weren't exactly the same end product. If nothing else, just bring back the old signs, make them ALL the same style, resolution, etc.

Really, the new signage is terrible. It looks VERY unprofessional, like one of the art guys had his 12 year old give it a try. I hate being one to dump on something, but I have to make it clear that it won't fly for production. I hope to god they're just place holders.

Otherwise, I don't mind the other UI tweaks (maps, quest icons on the system popups, etc) at all. Aside from the ESD signs I'm pretty pleased with the changes so far.

Oh, and I don't know what the complaint is about the icons over npc's yet. I only get big white blocks. =)

update:

tried from my other machine and I can see the overhead NPC icons now. TAKE THEM OUT.

update 2:

My own attempts to salvage the sign changes here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...8&postcount=63
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
OMG TerilynnS posted
Is that special?