Lt. Commander
# 1 New Doff Interface = HATE IT
11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I absolutely HATE the new doff assignment interface. It's counterintuitive to what we've had before. I find the layout of the doff selection completely backwards in terms of left to right, it should be reversed back to the way it was. You also can no longer double-click an assignment to select you have to highlight it then move your mouse down to the accept button.

The layout of the officer traits is the same as it was but now the preferred traits list on the required doff's for the mission is laid out better and is easier to read but with the doff's themselves still being the old way it is hard on the eyes to select which officer to use without having to strain to differentiate their listed traits.

But seriously that left to right switch on the mission details page is jarring enough I don't want to do DOFF missions anymore. That change alone increased the time it took me to reload to 20 by at least twice if not three times as long.

I like the way the tab changes look but the details on the tabs NOT SO MUCH.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Something else
11-17-2011, 10:36 PM
I also just noticed that the current assignments tab no longer displays the doff missions by Commendation category. I had wanted to see how much more dxp I needed to hit tier 4 and saw i was at 99,585 so I wanted to know how much my current assignments would grant me at their conclusion but when I clicked the tab to check on the individual missions all 20 were clumped together with no regard as to which cxp commendation path they belonged to. It appeared to be a chronological list of the missions I had chosen to partake in but I can't be sure of that as I didn't pay too much attention to which missions I chose first.

I don't like this change even a little bit as it also means I have to take even more time away from the real game to check out my progress, making it again more of a chore than something I had up to this point enjoyed doing. Whoever designed this new interface is on my **** list for changing something that was working just fine into something that I now want to avoid.
Lt. Commander
I do not like the DOFF layout.

The previous version before 11/17/11 patch was just fine
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 08:01 AM
I like the new version. The mission summaries are clearer, including success/fail/injured/loss. The only thing they need to fix in my opinion is the double-click to accept a mission. Bring that back, and its all good with me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't like this update so much, you can't double click on a mission to select it. you have to click accept. lots of extra clicking. please fix the layout and go back to the last one. This one is NOT user friendly- Thx
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
I like the new version. The mission summaries are clearer, including success/fail/injured/loss. The only thing they need to fix in my opinion is the double-click to accept a mission. Bring that back, and its all good with me.
That part is good, its just the mission assignments themselves and how the Roster is situated. Think those parts should've been left alone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2011, 09:30 AM
I think the changes are fine, other than the double-click issue. Two other issues

--After assigning the last DOff to a mission, it will continue to act as though it is waiting for the last one to be selected, which switches that DOff out for the last one.

--For upgrade missions, the first DOff's first line for desired traits says "Critical Success" instead of "Purple Quality".
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Bring back double click!! I like double clicking the missions to get to where I can assign people. That shouldn't have been removed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm not that fond of the new Doff UI either, I think the old one was much better