Lt. Commander
# 11
11-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsquad_ace View Post
What if, instead of the ship itself rotating, instead the camera rotated around the ship? and go with me for a moment, what if the ship were actually docked at one of those docking spaces.

I would definitely feel like I'm in the universe if they made the ship look like it were actually being refit with animated shuttle and work crews doing things to it when I change out parts.
Would give a new dynamic, but running into objects would make it annoying than fun. Unless we had an option to hide them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
What if, instead of the ship itself rotating, instead the camera rotated around the ship? and go with me for a moment, what if the ship were actually docked at one of those docking spaces.

I would definitely feel like I'm in the universe if they made the ship look like it were actually being refit with animated shuttle and work crews doing things to it when I change out parts.
That would be so cool !
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:

<Claps like a seal>
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Would give a new dynamic, but running into objects would make it annoying than fun. Unless we had an option to hide them.
I think you may have assumed any objects would be that close to our ships, the docking space would have to account for a wide area around the ship to account for that.

thus your ship would not be near anything to get in the way, but all of that can be added in later, they would only need it to just be docked, the extra environment objects could come much later.

I would be much happier if if i could get closer to the ship and actually be able to look at the damn thing better. we spend so much time in the editor just changing options, i would much rather have a way to zoom around and look at individual parts rather than the clunky interface we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
I think you may have assumed any objects would be that close to our ships, the docking space would have to account for a wide area around the ship to account for that.

thus your ship would not be near anything to get in the way, but all of that can be added in later, they would only need it to just be docked, the extra environment objects could come much later.

I would be much happier if if i could get closer to the ship and actually be able to look at the damn thing better. we spend so much time in the editor just changing options, i would much rather have a way to zoom around and look at individual parts rather than the clunky interface we have now.
THAT would be really cool...

But at that level of detail, the Dev's would probably have to re-do every ship in the game.

Remember which Company we're talkin' about here.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
THAT would be really cool...

But at that level of detail, the Dev's would probably have to re-do every ship in the game.

Remember which Company we're talkin' about here.
not necessarily see the only changes needed is to the UI not the ships themselves, the camera is the issue with it. they don't need to change the models just the area around them.

The idea is to make it work better. what I'm proposing is to just get the interface overhauled, have the visual part as a surprise, not the function. it needs to work friendly, the camera is not working better. we need to have it get closer to the ship and the camera not the ship should be moving.

The details are already there, we just need to be able to see them better. try this, first go check out the editor, see hos close you can look over the ship, currently not much. all of the ships are too small to get a good look at them in the editor. i cant really tell what changes I've made as it is.

Then go and actually launch into your ship, you can get a better look at your ship actually flying in it than you can in the editor. that right there is the problem.