Lt. Commander
I played this yesterday and it cost 10 of each, I go back today and there are less drops and the cost has gone up 400% ..... You can't tell me you aren't making this game a grind when you do something like this.....

Either put the price back down a bit or put the drops back to where they were yesterday. Yesterday I played 4 mission and I spend 8 of each item for the 1 shot and still had 7, 7, 2. I just finished playing 4 mission and after starting with 7, 7, 2 I now have 12, 9, 7........ at this rate I'm going to have to play 40 -50 mission just to get the modulator that yesterday I could have gotten after 4 mission. ..... STOP TURNING EVERYTHING INTO A GRIND..... i DON'T WANT A GRIND I WANT FUN !!! Doing the same missions 40 times is not fun ..... Why do you keep adding more grinding to the game .... STOP IT ..... and yes I'm very angry .......
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
It's now 50 of each. Enjoy the grind. -_-
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Fifty of each? Did psytce really say that this is a one time use item? 'Cause if that is the case I won't waste my time on ground invasion events anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Fifty of each? Did psytce really say that this is a one time use item? 'Cause if that is the case I won't waste my time on ground invasion events anymore.
No I bought the one shot yesterday by accident, didn't read it right. But I figured it woud be OK, I had 7, 7, 2 I should be able to get 10, 10 , 10 .... But then they raised it to 50....
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
GOD, another grid in the update?

I've been pretty quiet in the forums for a while, and I've been giving a lot of benefit of the doubt to the F2P changes, but as we get closer to the switchover I've got to chime in with the shared unhappiness of what they are turning the game into.

GRINDING IS NOT FUN

GRINDING IS REALLY NOT FUN

I PLAY THIS GAME TO HAVE FUN

What's the point of all this "improvement" if by simply setting all the values for gear way too high only the 24/7 players will ever get it?

I'm a casual player, and it seems like they want to make sure I will not enjoy the endgame grind.

Yet another lifetime subscriber who is starting to regret that decision.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Welcome to Cryptic's "new" philosophy, Grind or Pay, or Grind and Buy From Someone Who Paid.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2011, 02:45 PM
and now they put a completely unneeded cooldown timer on STFs. So you can't even grind the missions you want - you have to grind the missions not on cooldown.

I'm a big fan of this game and with the excpetion of the DOFF system, all of the fun is slowly being sucked out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2011, 03:09 PM
*Sigh* Every game dev thinks grind = challenge. Grind is not challenge, grind just sucks fun out of MMO's, trust me I have played some grindy games in my time. FFXI, ****, Ragnarok Online all of those typical Asian grinders. It wont work with STO. They're just gonna find out the hard way I guess. It'll hit em where it hurts most. The pocket book.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Boo.

And Hiss.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
It is a permanent multiple use item, but it only shaves a second off of your remodulation time. I don't think it's worth 50 of each.