Lt. Commander
# 1 Textures not loading correctly
11-18-2011, 11:08 AM
So earlier I had trouble getting the game to start properly, and that was recently fixed. Currently though none of the textures on character models and ships are loading. Here's an example of what I mean:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...iro/tempss.jpg

Greatly appreciate help in solving this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Exactly the same problem.

Previous problem was the game constantly crashing. It was fixed by deleting all of the .hogg files and then letting the launcher download and install the files.

Not sure what to do now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I reformatted my computer today, updated my graphics card, and installed STO now I am having the same problem. Uninstalled then reinstalled the game with no change. On holodeck half the textures on my character are showing up gray and any time I try to log in the game crashes.

I can however log in on Tribble, but all of my characters / ships look like silver surfer texture. And the ships in space sometimes pulse blinding bright silver its quite incredible, and annoying.

Since launch this is the first time I have run into this problem, I have run STO on the same computer since I got the game. I downloaded some new ATI drivers that came out on the 15th, thinking the new drivers were the problem I went back to the old drivers I used back in September when I knew the game worked and that had no effect on in game textures and still I cannot get into holodeck without crashing.

Please cryptic help!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Ok I deleted my hogg files so now I can actually log into holodeck, however ships are glowing silver, all player and npcs looks like they are made of reflective glass, the enviroments look normal however. What is going on here how can we fix it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 02:59 PM
I think I found a way to fix this. I disabled the auto-patch and then went to auto-verify, and after a few hours of patching things seem to have stabilized. Anyone else want to test this out and see if it works for them?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
how do you disable auto-patch? because i think my patcher is bugged only seems to patch 75% before it jumps and let's me log in. i am also having the shiny characters/ship issue and want to test this possible fix.