Lt. Commander
# 1 Loading Screen Hanging
11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi,

Was just on Tribble, Alt tabbed and it caused a crash, nothing new there with the beta.

BUT, when I launched the launcher, it patched again and then it'll load to the character screen and then try and load Earth Spacedock (the map I was last at) and it just hangs there. Left it for about 10 minutes.

Quit, tried again, hangs on loading screen.

Quit, tried holodeck and it worked fine as normal.

Quit, tried loading tribble character again a couple of times but no dice.

Can't get back in to level up my DOFFs for the tier 3 DOFF reward. Time's running out! :O
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Looks like there are a couple of other threads saying that there is a problem in that you can't load Earth Space Dock.

People might want to avoid ESD as you won't be able to play on Tribble if you do. No way to enter or exit, it'll just show you a load screen at the moment. Restarting will not fix.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Spacedock has meed an issues since testing on f2p came out, but they refuse to fix it. Now Im stuck, cant do a thing at all. Just had a server timeout for 16 min. I have defended cryptic on every time they drop the ball, but now Im getting feed up. youd thin they fix this so we can test f2p.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Helotes View Post
Spacedock has meed an issues since testing on f2p came out, but they refuse to fix it. Now Im stuck, cant do a thing at all. Just had a server timeout for 16 min. I have defended cryptic on every time they drop the ball, but now Im getting feed up. youd thin they fix this so we can test f2p.

This is a BIG Problem...

Keep trying to load yer toon, it will eventually work, I had to do it 15 times last night before it fianlly worked.

Also, watch the Load Count on the screen, if ya get to between 95% and 96% and it doesn't move for more than a minute, close out and try again...

Otherwise yer system will just get caught in a loop and nothing will happen for a good 5 to 10 minutes until the Server Lost pop-up shows.

Once ya Do get into the game...

DON'T LEAVE YOUR TOON AT ESD when yer done playin.

Go to SFA or to yer ship.

Also, DON'T TRY TO GO TO ESD FROM the SOL SYSTEM...

Chances are you will get hung up again.

It seems fairly safe to try and get to ESD from SFA... at least so far.

(I did get hung up once trying that)

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Sometimes it loads quickly, some times it hangs for a few min around 95-96% and works, sometimes it hang at 95-96% and the server times out. You need to find this bug cryptic, like yesterday, I'v invested several hundred dollars in this game, and you are ruining for us, this needs priority!

Ill try that backdoor through the academy, ty.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 06:56 PM
The loadng screen from hell , i have log on the loading screen for ESD is too long loading , hvave been waioting now 5 mins for the game to load now