Lt. Commander
First of all, I really, really don't like being forced to skill into ground. I don't like playing on the ground in this game because it's awful (opinion, of course, don't get your panties in a bunch). It would be much better to work out a method of adding a ground skill pool (gained from ground missions) with a space skill pool (from space missions). In the end though, I suppose this handicap isn't that bad since it's something everyone is forced to deal with.

Failing all other better alternatives, there at least needs to be a better way to determine how many of what points are required to spent in which section of the skill tree. A person playing through spending points as they go won't be able to plan their next investment without knowing how many must be spent versus on ground. Are you going to take it even further and eventually allow us a certain amount of points to spent in the tactical space tree, a certain amount spent in the engineering space tree, in the science space tree, and so on? I could see something like that working, maybe, but certainly not with the current version.

I don't know, skilling up can be a lot of fun. I enjoy having the potential to create interesting builds by investing points in a broad range of skills. Right now the skill tree is too condensed. It can be stream lined without being so smashed together. Allowing us to unlock skills to be trained at level 6 is a great idea but given the cost/benefit there isn't much incentive to go beyond that rank now. With so few skills to invest in, and each skill costing so much it's killing variety.

Having to work out 150, 300, 450, 600, 750 points is going to be obnoxious. We really need to get rid of the x50 and have that part simplified back to something in the original 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 range please.

That flexibility and fun is being reduced more and more with each update.

Also, when this change was put up it seems that 13,800 points were removed from the last skills we invested in. I'm curious as to why another respect wasn't granted or if I've missed it somewhere. If I've missed it, which is a very real possibility, could someone please direct me towards the place or way I might locate it? Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 02:00 PM
WHAT? They took points away that must be spent on Ground?
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Ok this sucks moQ! I to have a 4,800 point drop in points (aprox) , enough to skil SS SHield Performanc to 8.

It will not let me do this.
I spend it It says zero points left accept and then BAMN!
Back to the 4800 points to spend screen

I heard of a Respec solves it so no big deal. Wrong
it does not work

I can spend the points and it still does not highlight to accept option even though I have a legal build.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I seem to have misunderstood the situation (/shocked). I honestly can't remember my build, but the points seem to have come from all 4 power performance skills as well as my tier 5 torpedo skill. I still haven't bothered trying the respec or even farting around on tribble since seeing this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Welll I talked with Alastor and did a Log-in logout log-in and that did nit work.

I checked my Sci Alt. and he has no issue with skill points what so ever.

SO is this a KDF TAc thing I wonder?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
And yes it is a Tactical KDF Toon for me. Everybody else is fine Science or Engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
SO is this a KDF TAc thing I wonder?
Nope, my Fed Sci is the same, I have points taken from T5 performance skills that I cant reassign.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
Nope, my Fed Sci is the same, I have points taken from T5 performance skills that I cant reassign.
Well this is a sucky bug. On TIE its was theorized that it may be a build conflict with older characters versus the new build.

Being tribble I would not mind having to delete and reload him becuase I know that the Tribble toons are temporary anyway, but it still will bit to lose all those DOff rewards and stuff I haven't tested yet.

Fix this bug
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-19-2011, 09:46 AM

I have a Fed Engineer and a KDF Tactical and it happened to me on both. A random number of skill points (I think around 6k on one and 9k on the other) removed, couldn't spend those points without a respec. Respec cleared the problem.

What was annoying was not knowing right away that the skill tree was changed again, and wondering if my character got corrupted or something.

Cryptic, the next skill change you push through, please do another force respec. I'd rather know what I'm in for right away than go through this again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Good to hear this seems to be a bug.

I have always been under the assumption that when the split happens-- we won't lose any skill points. Instead we will have two different pools with their own amount of points.