Lt. Commander
I started a new character after the recent updates and have noticed a number of bugs:

Tutorial: Assimilation - I completed the mission and returned to my ship and it did not give me credit for completion. The mission is unresolved in the "In Progress" window, yet I completed the initial tutorial and am now at ESD.

Tutorial: Skils Trainer - Cannot complete tutorial by speaking with Commander Bolt.

There were portions of the initial tutorial that also seemed to move a little too fast for a beginning player. It may just have been an issue along with the existing bugs. I could not specifically tell.

I have a recommendation for the Azure Blues mission. If you are a tactical or an engineering officer you are left with abandoning the injured crewmen to be destroyed when the Azure blows up. Starfleet would never leave them behind, especially when they could pick them up and carry them to the transporter or put a tracker on them to facilitate transport. Recommend you add that to this mission.

Since further playing I have noticed that I cannot pick-up the Delta Valonis exploration mission, which also means I cannot complete the Strange New Worlds mission to obtain dilithium!

Recommend a Dev check the starting sequence tutorial forward as there are many bugs to be found.

By the way, I like the new look of ESD and improvements generally. The art team is doing great work!

Thanks,

Sasdean

P.S. New bug in Diplomatic Envoy - Klingons remain friendly so you cannot complete mission...
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 11:28 AM
I also started a new character and ran into the same issue with the Tutorial mission with it not completing after returning to my ship from the ground portion on the colony.

Also, the new character I started was a Tellarite and their Pig Headed Rage ability is still broken and triggering on ALL damage received and playing the associated sound effect. This is very loud and annoying, and if you check THIS associated thread in the bug report forums, you can see that this has been broken for 8 months now, since March. There is a repeatable crash associated with this bug as well, rendering many Tellarite characters unplayable, or only playable with some difficulties.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
You have to get the Delta Volanis Mission from Adm. Quinn now...

Go back and talk to him and you should be able to do it.

He apparently gives out all of these type of missions to start now.

The Vega Colony Tutorial Mission has been screwed up for a couple of weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Delta Valonis
11-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Dave:

I'll double check, but I accepted all mission available from ADM Quinn and I checked the available missions by hailing Starfleet. (not there) However, I will check again at ESD as I respect your opinion.

Thanks,

Sasdean

P.S. Dave you were correct again! I was abe to pick up To Boldly Go only at ADM Quinn's office. It does leave me to wonder why it was not available before or through the Hail Starfleet - Available menu...

Thanks again Dave!

Kindest regards,

Sasdean
Lt. Commander
# 5 Resolution of Mission
11-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I have the same problem. I went back to my ship and was not awarded the completion of intro mission. It sits there, like a turn hanging on a string, taunting me. Finish me! Finish me! But I can't get back to Vega.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turros View Post
I have the same problem. I went back to my ship and was not awarded the completion of intro mission. It sits there, like a turn hanging on a string, taunting me. Finish me! Finish me! But I can't get back to Vega.
I'm gonna guess you meant Turd instead of Turn...

...if that is the case...,

THAT is gonna be pretty nasty by the time they fix this!

<chuckle>