Lt. Commander
# 21
11-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
There are several games that people play on Star Trek that would be a lot of fun. They could add more depth to the game, giving more options for game play.

Velocity This is a game played in the holodeck, where people shoot a disk, with a phaser and try and hit their opponent with it. You could shoot it and get it to bounce off walls or shoot it to knock it straight at your opponent.

Hover Ball I have heard it mentioned a few times. I have never heard how it was played, but it could be a game where the players hover. Trying to throw a ball through a goal in the wall, on each end of the room. It could be pretty high on the wall and could be banked off walls.

Parisi Squares This is a game played with a ion mallet and ramps. I was thinking it was a game based on lacrosse but instead of catching and throwing the ball. You would try to knock to other players and into goals.

Phaser Game This was a game on TNG played in the holodeck. There was a circle in the center of the room. That two players stood in, one side yellow and the other one blue. Targets would fly around the room and they would change colors. You would shoot the target when it turned into the color of the side you were standing in.

These games would have high replay value. They could also sell costumes for these games, in c-store.
These could be accessible by any holodeck (the ones on Earth, they could add some to ESD, Drozana, Quonos, and your ship) and be set up as drop-in-drop-out social games (to eliminate queuing) since its cannon that holo-decks can communicate between each-other.

Might even include a 'betting' mechanic to wager latinum on who wins.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
These could be accessible by any holodeck (the ones on Earth, they could add some to ESD, Drozana, Quonos, and your ship) and be set up as drop-in-drop-out social games (to eliminate queuing) since its cannon that holo-decks can communicate between each-other.

Might even include a 'betting' mechanic to wager latinum on who wins.
Yes the latinum would be a nice touch. I was thinking that you could just access them from the drop down menu on the mini map. I would love to see some of these or something like these added.

It could be for both factions. I'm not a programmer but I think they could be done quickly. These types of games would have high replay ability.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Yes the latinum would be a nice touch.
Its less fun if there isn't a little something on the line.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-19-2011, 12:14 PM
What about the game Seven of NIne and Naomi Wildman played? It's kinda like a 24th century version of Connect 4
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
What about the game Seven of NIne and Naomi Wildman played? It's kinda like a 24th century version of Connect 4
That was called cascot I don't know how it was spelled. It was a board that had octagon pieces on it. I don't know if you arranged them in geometric shapes or jumped pieces like checkers.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-19-2011, 12:42 PM
What I mostly wanna play in game is Poker or Tongo
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
What I mostly wanna play in game is Poker or Tongo
I would like play Tongo, I think I would like action based games more.