Lt. Commander
# 61
11-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawby View Post
This doesn't provide any incentive to actually grind through these missions if you already have some decent gear equipped on your tunes.
While I do agree that the crafted gear is more or less pointless for those of us at max level (or lower even... my KDF tactical that played through all these missions got crafted gear from my main, no reason to get this grind/craft gear.. perhaps it will only help brand new players...)...

I disagree with the quoted part, if only because I received a cool new weapon I dont think you can get elsewhere (purple Borg Prosthetic - Medical Drone Mk X [DOTx2]). While I may not use this everywhere, the secondary ability (a slow+chance stun effect) seems like it could be fun in some situations.

And I say someone with a Borg Prosthetic - Tactical Drone Mk X (think it was Damagex2), looks pretty cool as well.

Makes me think there is an engineering drone weapon as well.

But after getting these unique weapons plus the better remodulator (or 5 of them for you and your BOffs), I don't see a NEED to go back here, there I probably will often enough since I find the missions fun, and wouldn't mind helping others out on the hard missions (plus a lot of the rewards are BOE, so can sell them )
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I continuously crash out when running through City missions. Have yet to go more than 10-15 minutes.

Also, Assimilation seems to be less than 10 seconds most of the time when I'm encountering Borg groups. Even if they're all on their backs the assimilation process continues. Lengthening this process would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-13-2011, 10:06 AM
The easy power plant missions were a little too easy. The turret mission def needs auto-team and more turrets. The city did seem to crash frequently. I didn't get to try any of the med or hard missions. Having said all that the areas I've seen look good and if this is a first run I look forward to improvements because this area as is is more fun than the Borg space encounters.

I liked the idea somebody above posted about random 'kill x Borg' runs, that could be lots of fun. Sadly I don't think I would play this on holodeck because I don't craft and have very little interest in crafting, I've done better selling my particles and stuff on the exchange and just buying the stuff I wanted there as well. Spending two hours running around collecting stuff I have no use for and can't trade is not how I would like to spend my after-work gaming time. You guys should def just change some of these parts to decent gear drops or make them sellable on the exchange, or attach some good gear as a reward with or instead of ec at missions end.
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-14-2011, 12:58 PM
I was doing the easy missions with my commander level character and kept getting Mk II loot drops. I stoppped and left the map, but I went back and it was the same thing.

On easy the objectives were very clear. I did think getting the 50 nodes was very time consuming. I think it should be cut back a litlle.

I did the hard missions with my VA and noticed the missions not progerssing. Our team got the the assist newly assimalated Deferi and they would beam in and we couldn't do anything with them. We had to drop the mission.

But over all I do like the new missions.
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brod520
I did the hard missions with my VA and noticed the missions not progerssing. Our team got the the assist newly assimalated Deferi and they would beam in and we couldn't do anything with them. We had to drop the mission.

But over all I do like the new missions.
If that happens, I've found that if you start the mission on a different node, it'll work fine.
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Only did the easy missions before bugged out and couldn't play
  • How clear are the objectives here? Good
  • Does the setup make sense? Yes
  • General mission bugs. I was over half way through completing the easy missions where all Deferi missions vanished from my logs, the sky turned blue, and all the borg vanished. It would be one thing if a timer was just reached - but I very much dislike losing all of my progress in 3 separate missions.
  • General art bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 67 Mission objectives mismatch
11-15-2011, 05:23 AM
When you first pick up the easy mission you are told to bring 6 turrets online, but when the mission is listed in your mission tracker, it states 15 turrets. Why the difference?
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one crashing. Because of the crashing I have yet to complete any of the missions. - Granted I have only tried the city one.
Lt. Commander
# 69 to busy
11-19-2011, 03:08 PM
one of the problems with this map , is , it is entirely to small, with to many things happening, at the same time. You have medium interfering with easy, none of the turrets have way point marks on the mini map, or the big map, [you do know you have a map right?]
None of the defari civilians being assimulated stand out enough for you to find them.

Both meduim missions interfere with each other, you even have" wandering monsters " from the hard part blasting random players that get to close.

In part , the Borg , are not acting like Borg. They are however, acting like " wandering monsters" from a D&D dungeon.

Fixes

turrets, more of them would not hurt any, everyone that has turret mission , as long as you are in on the kill,it should not matter who does the fix, you get credit for it.

The two medium missions are to close to each other on the map , and interfere with each other to much, they may as well be One mission.

Even on a team , the hard mission degenerates to a kill everything in sight fest to get through.

The all to numerous bugs on the hard part are beat on enough.