Lt. Commander
I've heard a little about the new duty officer options coming out (not enough yet, though).
What are the key differences between bridge officers and duty officers?
Will players be able to move characters from bridge officer positions to duty officer positions and vice versa?
Is there going to be any sort of tutorial/video explaining any of this in depth?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Right now they are mostly separate, but in the future, who knows?

The system is on tribble already. Just log on and try it out. I think it is pretty intuitive, but if you have more questions, come back after playing around with it for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrybe View Post
What are the key differences between bridge officers and duty officers?
Bridge Officers are your main cast that fight along side you.

DOFFs are the background characters that keep your ship running and you send them out on errands.

Quote:
Will players be able to move characters from bridge officer positions to duty officer positions and vice versa?
Not currently, but Heretic has responded to those who already suggested the idea and marked it as a possibility.

Quote:
Is there going to be any sort of tutorial/video explaining any of this in depth?
Not to my knowledge, best you log on Tribble and try out the system before it goes live. The DOFF system is pretty straightforward and easy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Duty Officers sometimes exist as species not found among Bridge Officers, making that kind of conversion difficult.

Bridge Officer -> Duty Officer has been highlighted as more likely.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2011, 07:56 PM
A fascinating way to do this in the future would be something like when an individual duty officer completes a certain number of regular duty assignments, they can then be assigned to "bridge officer qualification" assignments that progress in difficulty and risk. If the doff successfully completes all of the BOC assignments, they can then be added to the bridge crew roster as a new bridge officer.

I think that would be an intriguing payoff to Doff assignments. Thoughts?

I really hope Heretic glances at this, because it would especially be cool for two Heretics to discuss the topic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Bridge Officers are your main cast that fight along side you.

Not currently, but Heretic has responded to those who already suggested the idea and marked it as a possibility.
Cool. I'm hoping it's sooner than later. My first character has 14 bridge officers at the moment. That's why I was wondering. I have a hard time juggling them sometime. I'll admit, i got carried away a bit creating them, I just found it wonderfully entertaining to get creative with them, and if I we're having lower deck slots open up, I'd rather move them than juggle them.
Maybe they could just make them interchangeable up to a certain rank or something. Maybe up to Lt. Cmdr. Just a thought.