Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 11
11-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Lol, guess I've had lousy RP GMs then. In one 'Trek meets Sliders' RP, I was the Chief Engineer and got yelled at for trying to enhance the ship's weapons instead of 'play-by-play' writing of sitting around watching the warp core. In another, a 'ship based cross-over' (ironically, run by same guy)...RPers had to pickfrom his list of approved list of canons (not bad, as he had some decent ones)...what stunk was it was biased towards Trek and other canons with small ships (ie, rule was in play nothing over 2 kilometers long), thing was that pretty much negated 99% of ships in the other canons on the list. Then there was the thing about 'seen on-screen only' rule, and even that was subject to the GM's whim of what was allowed from that and what wasn't (ie, for some reason, 'TAS' didn't count as 'on-screen' even though it was part of official Trek canon last I knew).

Sorry, got into a bit of a rant. Suffice it to say, neither of that guy's RPGs lasted long as he and his flunkies drove everyone away with has nano-scale micromanaging (I think that's the right term).

Other than that....lol, you try RPing with a bunch of RTS modders....sure, set-up was alright, but no one had a clue what they were doing and things died. Still, I've got to admit, that RPG (actually the first one I remember joining after getting on-line) was fun...gotta introduce a custom race of my own to it and it was already a clever blend of Lord Of The Rings and Star Trek.