Lt. Commander
# 1 No Diplomatic BOffs
10-15-2011, 02:59 PM
I went through and finished up the Diplomatic tiers, getting tier 4 which normally comes with a title, a diplomatic uniform and a KDF faction Bridge Officer. I got the title and the uniform just fine but there's no sign of the BOff: nothing a Amb. Sugihara, nothing at Lt. Ferra ... although I did find it odd that I had a pop-up window from Ferra to sell me nothing; there is no fourth token for Diplomacy.

Now, as this was my first time getting to Diplomacy Tier 4, I may have been doing something wrong but after some poking around I don't think it's me. Any ideas, guys?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2011, 05:11 AM
Similarly, its been so long since I last got the tier 4 Diplo-BOFF has there been a change to the reward table and you dont get them anymore or has the store just moved location and im blindly not seeing it.

- Raith
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2011, 05:39 AM
I made Ambassador last week. I cannot find my enemy Faction Boff, nor have I received the Transwarp ability for DS9. I searched for help and the NPC information officer in the ESD transporter room has info that points towards DS9 to get Ambassador rewards. I have been to DS9 and nowhere there either is there anyplace to get my Enemy Faction Boff nor pick up my TW ability to DS9.
This is especially irritating since I was about to turn in Doff assignments 3 or 4 weeks agoprior to the patch that would have made me an Ambassador, but you changed the point system prior to my having the chance to turn in the assignments and made reaching the ability farther away in respect to the point system.
Please Fix this or tell me how to receive my rewards.
Ambassador is a difficult achievement and since I basically achieved it twice with the point system change, I would really like to receive my rewards.
Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Heretic's said many times that they aren't hooked up currently. They're replacing the old boffs with new purple ones, which last update still need "costume work" before they can be hooked back up in game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Is it likely that we will receive those at some point in the future, or are we screwed?

I'd appreciate receiving my reward at *some* point, even if I can't have it right now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
If this is the case (that there is no Diplomatic BOFF currently) it would be good if it could be fixed asap.

I am currently working my way to Ambassador and was looking forward to that reward.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
They will return in a new, improved form.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
I hit tier 4 diplo on tribble two weeks back. Will the new, improved reward be retroactive? Or will it not make it to Tribble before it all moves back to Holodeck?
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-21-2011, 06:15 PM
The plan is:

* If you previously hit max diplomacy rank and cashed in for a white BOFF, you get to keep that one and get a new very rare one. Think of it as an early adopter bonus.
* If you just hit rank 4 and you haven't gotten a BOFF, you will get one of the new very rare versions.
* If you hit rank 4 later, you will get one of the very rare versions.

This is all a work in progress (I still have to do some work on the upgraded BOFFs and we are ironing out some costuming issues) but our current expectation is that you should get good stuff for making it all the way up the diplomacy (or marauding) advancement track.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
They will return in a new, improved form.
This is good to hear, for all the searching I did I saw the comments on the new purples and upgrades but not that the current version was tuned off.

Now I shall be patient and not think somehow the tier reward was busted for me.

- Raith