Lt. Commander
# 21 Weekly Review
11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
As of week ending: 11/13/2011:

----------Report Start-----------

I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone who authors missions. Even if you didnít make my list this week your efforts make STO game play that much richer by your efforts. Please keep it up.

This week I continued my reviews and found several Federation missions that I thoroughly enjoyed. Some of the were submitted to my forum posting but not all of them. So here are my top 5 Federation Missions:
1. Overture 4 - The Ferengi Scherzo: This is a great sequel in the series. The writing is stunning. The map design and effects execution is outstanding. Again there are several places where I laughed out loud. If you like a compelling story with great maps then this is the story and series for you. More specific information on the mission from the author KineticImpulser can be found on their forum posting: Star Trek: Overture.
2. Personal Reflection: This is an excellent mission. The story dialog is very well written and the map design is great. The battles are tough but fun and not impossible. I would highly recommend this mission to everyone. More specific information on the mission from the author XR-377 can be found on their forum posting: Personal Reflection.
3. Salvaged: This is an outstanding mission with great story dialog, well designed maps and some good battles in there for good measure. I recommend this mission to anyone who likes a good story, maps and a few battles. More specific information on the mission from the author tom_riker01 can be found on their forum posting: "Salvaged" by Tom_Riker01.
4. Locally Untranslated: This mission is outstanding. The dialog is well written, the map design is really well done and the battles are good. I highly recommend this mission to anyone who likes a good story with their fighting. More specific information on the mission from the author Ogremerc can be found on their forum posting: Locally Untranslated.
5. Ghosts of War series Part I: Dust To Dust: The story dialog is outstanding and the map designs are very well done. The battles are a challenge throughout but not impossible. If you like a great story and good battles then this is the mission for you. More specific information on the mission from the author NCC-89471 can be found on their forum posting: "Ghosts of War" series update.
---------End Report----------

I didnít receive any requests for reviews of Klingon missions and I didnít see any forum postings for them. If youíd like to submit a mission for evaluation please submit it to my forum posting In depth mission reports upon request. The missions do not have to be deep dialog driven stories, just a good fun mission. I will also be selecting from the postings you submit to the "The Foundry For Star Trek Online - Mission Database" forum.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Sir! You flatter me!
11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil70th
As of week ending: 11/06/2011:

1. Overture series 1 through 3: I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of these missions. The story is outstanding and extremely detailed. There are several places where I laughed out loud. There are several places where I really had no idea what would come next. I like that in a story. More specific information on the mission from the author KineticImpulser can be found on their forum posting: Star Trek: Overture.

Quote:
As of week ending: 11/13/2011:

1. Overture 4 - The Ferengi Scherzo: This is a great sequel in the series. The writing is stunning. The map design and effects execution is outstanding. Again there are several places where I laughed out loud. If you like a compelling story with great maps then this is the story and series for you. More specific information on the mission from the author KineticImpulser can be found on their forum posting: Star Trek: Overture.
Two weeks in a row? To coin a phrase, "I cannot help but be touched."

Of course Overture 5 is still a few weeks away, so I'll have to surrender the #1 spot to another talented soul for next week. But I'll do my best to reclaim that top spot!
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticImpulser
Two weeks in a row? To coin a phrase, "I cannot help but be touched."

Of course Overture 5 is still a few weeks away, so I'll have to surrender the #1 spot to another talented soul for next week. But I'll do my best to reclaim that top spot!
I'm sure there are many folks looking forward to the next installment. I can't be the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks for putting my mission up there with some classics Evil70th, much appreciated.

I played all four parts of Overture back to back last night, some of it had me in stitches, great work, Kineticimpulser! I too am looking forward to part five.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogremerc
Thanks for putting my mission up there with some classics Evil70th, much appreciated.

I played all four parts of Overture back to back last night, some of it had me in stitches, great work, Kineticimpulser! I too am looking forward to part five.
You deserved the slot. At least in my humble opinion.

Brian
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
I'm sure there are many folks looking forward to the next installment. I can't be the only one.
Your not the only one. The warp chase was incredible. Its what sector space should be like.

Also have you tried deffdog's missing from the mirror? If not you should give it a shot
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Your not the only one. The warp chase was incredible. Its what sector space should be like.

Also have you tried deffdog's missing from the mirror? If not you should give it a shot
See I knew I wasn't the only one.

The "Missing from the mirror" sounds intriguing. Does he have a posting here in the forums? If not he should. Thanks for the heads up.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 28 Weekly Review
11-21-2011, 04:40 PM
As of week ending: 11/20/2011:

With the holidays starting here in the U.S. this week I plan to cut back on the weekly favorites and perhaps make it "my monthly favorites". The holidays are one reason and the fact Iím getting ready to start my Bachelor of Science in Information Technology next month is another. I will still be conducting my detailed mission reviews as usual. Making this my monthly favorites will also give me the time to gather more missions for the list. So keep submitting them to my "In depth mission reports upon request" forum posting. Thanks for authoring.

----------Report Start-----------

This week I continued my reviews and found some Federation missions that I thoroughly enjoyed. Some were submitted to my forum posting but not all of them. So here are my top 2 Federation Missions this week.
1. At the Center of the Mind: This is an outstanding mission! If you like a great story, tough battles and good map design then this is your mission. I highly recommend you click the "Hail" button followed by the "Accept" button. More specific information on the mission from the author Ogremerc can be found on their forum posting: At the Center of the Mind.
2. Missing from the Mirror: This is an outstanding mission. The dialog is excellent and the map designs are simply fantastic. I highly recommend this mission to anyone who likes a good story combined with expert map design skills. The author Deffdog posted information regarding his mission on page 9 of: Promote your Foundry mission.
--------------------------------

I played a couple Klingon missions and I found one Klingon Mission that I really liked.
1. Qwark KDF Infiltrate ESD: This is a really good mission. It has lots of glorious battles, with dialog and investigations thrown in for good measure. I would definitely recommend this mission. More specific information on the mission from the author Jasper22 can be found on their forum posting: Qwark KDF Infiltrate ESD.
---------End Report----------

For those I evaluated but didnít make this list donít worry about it. Keep authoring because even though you didnít make this list I still appreciate all your efforts to make STO a richer gaming environment. If youíd like to submit a mission for evaluation please submit it to my forum posting In depth mission reports upon request. The missions do not have to be deep dialog driven stories, just a good fun mission. I will also be selecting from the postings you submit to the "The Foundry For Star Trek Online - Mission Database" forum.