Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
I have a Caitian Engineer that uses the Galaxy-X. I put together a pretty interesting build with it, using Phasers, Quantum Torpedo's and Quantum Mine's. I basically went Phaser Beam Array's all around except I put one Quantum Torp Launcher up front, and a Quantum Mine Launcher in the back. I find that by doing this I can keep a pretty good arc of damage. Basically I have no less than 3 beam banks firing on a target at any given point except when being attacked from the rear. In such case I use the Mine launcher. Front side damage is pretty good, as I use Target Shield Subsystems II and Phaser Lance. I always recommend using the lance after you get someone's shields down for maximum effect, and since it's on such a large timer, it's well worth it.

Defense wise I think I've got the Borg Engines, Deflector Dish, and Assimilated Console, then use the Aegis Shield Array. I find that my overall shields are too low using the borg shields and really by using all 4 pieces you just get a tractor beam. With the 3 pieces you still get the regen shields from the set. I also use EP2S III, which helps to fix my shields when being attacked, especially if someone manages to get them down. I also use DEM III or II I can't exactly remember without logging in... but it helps bust though the shields for that little extra damage with the beams.

Anyway just a few idea's. Mine is built more like a tank than a straight DPS build, but I find I can crank out a pretty decent amount of DPS as well.
I decided to go with Phaser Arrays..after playing yesterday I noticed that I spent more time then I though on my broadside so I think I should go with the Phaser Arrays..I might go with the AntiProton when the skill tree changes.

Interesting idea about the mines though have you tried Tricobalt Mines?

I also now have the Borg Console, Deflector and Engines.

My plan was this...Borg Console, Engines and Shields with the Aegis Deflector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
I'll happily craft you some v.Rare q-Torps. E-mail in game if you want me to.
Thanks for the offer but I have just got 3x Phaser Dual Beam Banks XI (Very Rare) & 2x Quantum Torpedo XI (Very Rare)