Lt. Commander
# 41
11-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Avenger
We updated all the department icons when we built the doff system so we updated the powers to match. That way the science department has the same icons everywhere in the game. the fed ones are based the TOS symbols. Klingon's didn't seem to have department icons, so we had to make some up.

Oh and the art not playing on your target when you use a team power is a bug. I didn't set the power up correctly when i changed it, however it is fixed and should go out to tribble in the next build.

Now back to making assimilated gorn.
Thank you iron avenger for taking the time to explain the changes.
My biggest issue is thatit doesn't make sense to have the icons "factionalised". Boff powers are not facion specific - so why should the icons that represent them be? Also what happens when an NPC (say a rommie) uses one of the team powers. What would you see then? On a fed char i see the fed icon - havent tested on my kdf's yet.

I just dont think the changes make sense, there is no need to have the icons aligned to the departments, people have been playing for 2 years getting used to something and then u change it. I am still hitting the wrong icons, esp since all my boff powers got jumbled about (on every character) and I wasnt able to remember exactly where everything went.

This is not "nerd rage". This is just exacperation at the fact that this is another example of poor priorities and not really listening to the user/playerbase
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I also hate the change. Please Cryptic, change it back!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
The symbols don't make sense. To further add confusion, they are different on Fed vs KDF side. Really, what is the point????????
I'm not sure what the point was, but the symbols actually DO make sense. Look at the design inside the old TOS command/engineering, tactical and science comm badges..now compare to the new symbols...
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-13-2011, 12:34 AM
I would rather if they are going to change a skill like that to change the KDF class only skills because to be honest those are names, tactics, and functions that a starfleet officer would use in canon lore. As for the KDF they would do things more warrior or conqueror like. Just an example instead of a boarding party having it where you can disable the inertial dampeners and artificial gravity on a ship and send in some assassins Science would be cool to beam projectiles in to damage a ship.. these just few ideas would fit the KDF theme instead of giving us federation abilities on KDF officers.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-19-2011, 08:49 PM
To quote Dr. McCoy: "You know engineers, they love to change things...". I quicly turbolifted down and checked out sickbay. Everything there seemed the same so he''ll be happy.

I'm begrudgingly trying to adapt. In a few weeks, we'll all get used to it though I'm sure.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Oh, pish-posh. The changes actually make sense, and are a nice call-back to TOS. You know, the kind of trek that we need in STO thematically.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1701A View Post

This is not "nerd rage". This is just exacperation at the fact that this is another example of poor priorities and not really listening to the user/playerbase
Exactly. Because somebody hired for 'graphical design' shouldn't be designing graphics, but instead doing a job he's not qualified for, or perhaps even nothing!

Oh, wait. I guess since his job *is* graphical design, having him design graphics actually would be the sensible thing. Because he's in a, you know, different department from coding or such..

Sorry, I have to agree on the 'nerd rage' bit.. The priority for a graphical designer is designing graphics - not coding, not writing missions, not working on ships, etc...