Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
My view on it is that in pvp there is a crowd against the carriers but on other hand nerfing them will cause an uproar when the STF's let KDF players join fed teams they won't like it so much if their teammates are nerfed Like some others have said its *spam* is what makes the carrier used because mainly a carrier user usually goes all beams because torpedos and cannons are not functional due to its turning speed but if they are going to be nerfed I'd expect that the turning power be adjusted to the ship because right now the ships are balanced super slow turning with massive spam firepower (the beams are just the fluff for some energy draining).

The only way I can see the federation giving them something that will fit in line with a carrier is some how giving the federation side functioning outposts like DS9 like as it was in the series was super slow moving but had the ability to move. I'm not sure how this could ever be implemented since they can't go to warp unless there was some kind of balance components like having to be in a full team to go to warp to drag the outpost inside the warp field(or quantum slip stream) of a team being only one team could have one in a group. Being kind of skills it would have like an inherent FAW3 and Torp Spread 3 and 3 launch ports if it was like DS9 say one that launches runabouts, fighters, and delta flyers. I mostly play KDF but I just thought i'd add this an idea that might work one day to not gimp anyone on abilities for each faction. Biggest problem I do have with pets on either faction is how against certain ships they get too close and almost impossible to keep them from exploding to ships such as borg ships.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Don't forget to add the new deployable turrets into the pot.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't think spam is the problem at all, I think the problem is the UI.

The screen gets filled up with tons of square reticles all over and it looks much worse than it is.

I think before removing spam and getting rid of it, more though should go into the space UI, because spam will always be a problem until the UI gets adjusted.

For example, why not remove the reticles for pets and then instead when you target a player, have individual icons that appear like buffs lined up for deployed ships, if you want to target the players fighters, you click the icon, and the appropriate target is selected and then the reticles appear

it would look like my signature, the icons for a bird of prey, fighters and mines appear alongside my name, if a player wants to attack them, clicking on them is all they need to do.

Then just make it so the spam targeting reticles are fliped off unless those icons are pressed.

epic space battles without lots of flying square brackets.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Lord
Don't forget to add the new deployable turrets into the pot.
I know, right...?

"we're looking into ways to reduce spam"
Oh, but hey, here's another way to easily create more things to drop in space combat ie;spam
I've a half a dozen different kinds, even after selling a few.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
I think I need to add that the Carrier BoP are already "buffed" up. and reduced to 4 on Tribble.

My typical fight begins like so:
Get all 4 BoP deployed, before the fight even starts, which takes me a little over 40 seconds to accomplish now since the BoPs are now Rare with a dployment speed buff, combined with 2 Flight Deck Officers from the Doff system roster, which results in a little over 30 second cooldown time for each one, at 80 Aux power, and you no loger have to be within 15km of a target to deploy anymore,
They will actually cloak on the onset of their Alpha attack run,
They use CRF1 on their own,
They use HY1 on their own now too.
This concludes with NPC Typhoon class battleships lasting about 5 seconds from start of fight to finish...
And mind you, they are the "new" properly leveling type now on Tribble.

I had the same result with the D'diridex that the Fed ships were having trouble with also.

My 4 BoP, if left to fight a Cube on their own, tend to destroy said Cube, on their own.

My BoP barely get a scratch when Tricobalt mines blow up in their faces.

So, it's now my belief that the new rearrangement for the Carriers to reduce spam, is JUST FINE!
I don't have any problems with the Vo'Quv on Tribble has it is right now in PVE.

My Bulid is a bit outdated and I've seen some great new builds for Carriers poping up that I can't wait to try out.

The Kar'Fi is a Beast on Tribble right now
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-23-2011, 07:39 AM
SO are we to just remove carriers then if spam is the issue?
Or is it just that more than one carrier in a que is a lot of spam in one place?

The Carriers have been nerfed due to outcry, buffed due to outcry, nerfed again and then buffed again.

Its time to accept that they exist , adapt to thier prescence and move on.
More than enough anti-spam abilities exist and the spam has been reduced from the carrier as it is able to produce on its own.
Any other spam is a by-product of items being put into the game and anybody can use them, so those items have nothing to do with the carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
SO are we to just remove carriers then if spam is the issue?
Or is it just that more than one carrier in a que is a lot of spam in one place?

The Carriers have been nerfed due to outcry, buffed due to outcry, nerfed again and then buffed again.

Its time to accept that they exist , adapt to thier prescence and move on.
More than enough anti-spam abilities exist and the spam has been reduced from the carrier as it is able to produce on its own.
Any other spam is a by-product of items being put into the game and anybody can use them, so those items have nothing to do with the carriers.
Amen.
10/char
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Personally I wouldn't be bothered by a Jupiter Dreadnought being released with peregrine fighter pets. I'm not so sure why people are up in arms about the idea. .. or even some other kind of automated attack pods. Just because feds never used a Carrier in the shows isn't saying they won't now. They've been through quite a lot of war, and now even more war. Like it or not, war vessels are going to happen. The goal is peace, but there you have it. I do think most Fed ships would probably use Automated ships for these uses, or other type of 'spam' attacks but I personally have no problem with a Fed side carrier.

That being said, I'm more interested in seeing some rethinking done on Cruisers. Cruisers need better methods of threat generation. I've been thinking about this a long time, and I really think (while all ships should have it), Cruisers most of all should come with an Innate Tractor Beam. This would be akin to the four free target subsystems that a Science vessel has. This would also allow for cruisers to continue to do crappy damage, but still tie up the enemies so that they become a more serious threat. Even cooler still, would be if we could fire off a multi-tractor beam on enemies.