Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
11-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
The plan for moving the dilithium cost on crafting over to material components that are purchased with dilithium is designed not just to allow fleet crafters to keep their trade because their fleet-mates can purchase the materials and give them to the crafters (or put them in the fleet bank), but also to:

2. Get discounts from special events -- we can set up particular events, conditions, or missions that may give you a discount on the components necessary to craft. If a crafting recipe calls for, say, 10 blocks of materials, we can give a 20% discount and now it will only cost 8 blocks. Since recipes only use 1 schematic at a time, though, we can't make a recipe cost ".8" schematics. This way we can have special times when crafters will really want to get their crafting on!
Well, that certainly is an intriguing addition. I think I like it. I hadn't thought about having 'crafting discounts' on making items.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
The plan for moving the dilithium cost on crafting over to material components that are purchased with dilithium is designed not just to allow fleet crafters to keep their trade because their fleet-mates can purchase the materials and give them to the crafters (or put them in the fleet bank), but also to:

1. Allow you to "tip" a crafter -- if you're happy with someone's work, you can give the crafter a couple of extra materials, and the crafter can use them as (s)he sees fit. If the schematics were purchased with dilithium, then tipping a crafter would mean that you'd have to give a specific schematic, and the crafter might wind up with something that is not useful to him or her. (Of course, these unwanted schematics can always be sold on the exchange, but getting materials that are useful for any kind of crafting has a much broader utility.) Of course, you can still tip extra anomalies, but material blocks are a way of showing that you're really pleased with the crafter's work.

2. Get discounts from special events -- we can set up particular events, conditions, or missions that may give you a discount on the components necessary to craft. If a crafting recipe calls for, say, 10 blocks of materials, we can give a 20% discount and now it will only cost 8 blocks. Since recipes only use 1 schematic at a time, though, we can't make a recipe cost ".8" schematics. This way we can have special times when crafters will really want to get their crafting on!
Ok then, i'll get my blocks using the dilithium I bought with cpoints and only use them on the daily 20% off event.
That way I save a lot more than buying them direct from vendors....

I am also assuming we can trade these blocks between alts and anything we craft will remain bind on equip and not bind on pickup??
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
Ok then, i'll get my blocks using the dilithium I bought with cpoints and only use them on the daily 20% off event.
That way I save a lot more than buying them direct from vendors....

I am also assuming we can trade these blocks between alts and anything we craft will remain bind on equip and not bind on pickup??
certainly looks to stay that way...