Lt. Commander
# 11
11-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Which is what happens when a dev comes around. Otherwise it's just a chat channel for people who mostly play in Tribble.
So, I take it that you are ok with the fact that players on tribble, when there are no devs, troll, or give misinformation in TTS?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
So, I take it that you are ok with the fact that players on tribble, when there are no devs, troll, or give misinformation in TTS?
There is always the option to ignore the trolls in TTS.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
I'd be more concerned if the tales told weren't so tall...
Lt. Commander
# 14 Tts
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM
It has become more of a chat chanel
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
It has become more of a chat chanel
Yet you'd think that the players who use it as a chat channel would also use it to be helpful in the Beta Testing process. I have Witnessed other wise of course.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Yet you'd think that the players who use it as a chat channel would also use it to be helpful in the Beta Testing process. I have Witnessed other wise of course.
The problem mostly revolves around the one or two people who keep trolling because they:

* have never managed a group of developers at a software startup, or even worked in a subscription-based service/media industry company for that matter (much less one trying to transition a huge IP-heavy product from subscription to microtransactions after having to do a merger transition over the summer).
* cannot seem to put themselves in the shoes of a brand new silver f2p player that goes to sign up for STO after getting tired of that other scifi game coming out in december.

So they basically just go round and round trashing Cryptic, dilithium crafting/some other mechanic they cannot change or understand the point of, complaining about getting ripped off their already-paid-for-itself LTSes, and any and all patches instead of actually trying to bughunt while mocking the rest of us trying to actually do testing.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Making the channel only work if you are logged in a test server would be great. If there was a way to let you read it from anywhere but only post from tribble or redshirt 90% of the useless yammering would vanish.