Lt. Commander
# 1 Order of Missions
11-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi, everyone.

I'm new to the game and so far really enjoying it. I'm a huge Star Trek fan and have wanted to play for a while, but it wasn't financially feasible. Now it is and I intend to continue on as a gold member come the change to F2P.

I recently completed all the three Feature Episodes back to back since a. I hadn't played them before and b. I wanted to get the three unique rewards while they were available. Doing those gave me considerable experience and leveled my character up to Lt Commander quite quickly.

Now, I've got a huge list of missions from multiple people available to me. How do I know which ones to do and in which order? How do I know which ones advance the 'storyline' as opposed to just being side missions?

Thanks for any help,

Dave
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Each mission has a rank (for example Lt 6). Just do the ones with lower ranks first.

In the upcoming changes to the game which are supposed to be released during the first week of December, the mission screen clearly shows the mission order. Until that is released just go by the mission rank.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-25-2011, 04:04 AM
I have found that if I took 10 missions on my To Do List, it did not matter which Order I did them in.

I could do Two Legs of a Three or Four Leg Patrol, Break Off and do a DSE, or a part of another Patrol.

The only Draw Back from Mixing like that is that you do not Collect Training Points, XP's, for Self and Staff until the Full Patrol, or what ever the mission is, is completed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-25-2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
I have found that if I took 10 missions on my To Do List, it did not matter which Order I did them in.

I could do Two Legs of a Three or Four Leg Patrol, Break Off and do a DSE, or a part of another Patrol.

The only Draw Back from Mixing like that is that you do not Collect Training Points, XP's, for Self and Staff until the Full Patrol, or what ever the mission is, is completed.
Patrol and DSEs don't matter; however with story missions, if you want to follow the story-line then it is nice to do them in order. If you don't care about the story then they can be done in any order.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Patrol and DSEs don't matter; however with story missions, if you want to follow the story-line then it is nice to do them in order. If you don't care about the story then they can be done in any order.
Yes, some Story Line, it is important to follow Lock Step. I would say that is part of the reason for the new layout on F2P Model.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Yes, some Story Line, it is important to follow Lock Step. I would say that is part of the reason for the new layout on F2P Model.
Except in F2P, it gives you the Devidian missions fairly early on, way before you are supposed to meet Franklin Drake and find out about Section 31 I thought
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
As I view the Story Line structure, it is actually 3 or 4 Branches of a tree that could be run Contiguously if Cryptic wanted to do it that way. Players should be able to do a Romulan, then a Remen, then a Dividian, then a Klingon, and so on as they choose instead of being guided by a rut they can not get out of.