Lt. Commander
# 11
11-27-2011, 09:17 AM
IMO..., They (Cryptic) are going to Price Themselves out of business.

Most F2P'ers are going to play the game for Free only, especially if they believe as We do now, that the prices are too high.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Just to be sure I took a look at Capitain Wilhelms C-Store changes spreadsheet, it states the same 780 points I remembered. So unless they changed their mind, this might be the price when this goes live.

50-100 points is btw quite unrealistic when you see that it's currently on live already 400 per respec.
I don't really care whether it's realistic or not. The current price is a total rip off. 780 points is almost $10, and you have to buy at least $12.50 to get a respec. That's just ridiculous. It's the sort of price gouging that will turn someone completely off from playing the game. Even at 400 it was already overpriced.

I'm just glad I have a bunch of built up respecs from leveling. Based on the pricing in the c-store, once the game goes F2P I'm pretty much going to try to avoid spending anything there besides my stipend.

Overall I can't say I care for how Cryptic is treating its players. It's not a question of respecs, but rather one of respect.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-27-2011, 09:34 AM
It will be interesting to see if the F2P'ers are willing to spend their money for stuff priced like this.

Or if they agree with Us that it is too expensive.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
It will be interesting to see if the F2P'ers are willing to spend their money for stuff priced like this.

Or if they agree with Us that it is too expensive.
Since it seems like f2p'ers aren't getting any free respecs (beside a possible forced respec when they change ground skills after f2p hits), we'll see this quite fast.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I have not paid for a respec since i discovered that i could get one with honor/merits. The only reason i haven't quit the game from boredom was by respecing into a new ship every couple of months as i got enough honor/merits. oddly, i often PAID for a new ship when i had enough in game currency to respec for "free". No way am i going to pay 25 bucks for a new ship then another 10 just to fly it effectively. You are shooting yourselves in the foot with this cryptic. This is unconscionable price gouging. I understand you need to make a buck. & i was even going to keep my subscription when F2P goes live. If this is how you're going to treat me then seriously screw you guys, I'll go spend my money on BGO or WoT.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-27-2011, 12:20 PM
At this point I think it's clear Cryptic simply is not listening to feedback about the problems with the c-store prices/dilithium system, etc. I would not be surprised if we see them make some hurried changes within a few months of the game going F2P. Or I could be wrong...we'll see.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
At this point I think it's clear Cryptic simply is not listening to feedback about the problems with the c-store prices/dilithium system, etc. I would not be surprised if we see them make some hurried changes within a few months of the game going F2P. Or I could be wrong...we'll see.
I hope so. I'm not going to pay 10 bucks to respec. Here's an idea Cryptic. how about letting gold/lifetime members respec for 10 c-store points, & charge the silver players more?
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I hope so. I'm not going to pay 10 bucks to respec. Here's an idea Cryptic. how about letting gold/lifetime members respec for 10 c-store points, & charge the silver players more?
No, there must be an ingame respec cost period. This is a basic game function, this is not a fancy ship, this is not a cool reward, this is a basic expected game function. There is no reason for anyone, silver or otherwise, to be forced to pay cash for this. Especially since it is a 'consumable'.

Honestly, all this 'give to gold for free screw silver' is getting tiresome. IF it is flawed, fix it for everyone, not just those who sub.