Lt. Commander
Ok, so the official word from Cryptic is that the Tribble build will be hitting live sometime between the 1st and the 8th. Anyone want to guess when it will actually hit live?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will in fact hit on the the 1st of December, this Thursday. My reasoning:
  • It will be fairer to people whose account anniversary dates hit between the 1st and the 8th.
  • The current Tribble build seems relatively stable.
  • Cryptic seems to be hitting release windows lately.

Anyone disagree?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
[*]The current Tribble build seems relatively stable.
Wait, what?

I just logged in yesterday to see what's changed, and noticed my transfered character was a mess, the UI was incomplete, the crackling sound is still there, and everything just crashed once I opened the calendar.

To be honest, I'm a bit worried if this goes live like this. Rushed and buggy.

I mean, the bugs are half the problem, but I don't want any of my characters to suffer in the transition because of this by mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-28-2011, 06:54 AM
I believe it will be the 8th as I think there is still one more Tribble patch to go before it goes to Holodeck.

Reasoning for my guess is there is still a few bugs to fix that would cos some issues on Holodeck and on STOked a week ago the showed screenshots of the updated skill tree UI, which isn't on Tribble yet.

That said I would love to see all the new stuff on Holodeck on the 1st, but it will more likely be the 8th.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavek View Post
Wait, what?

I just logged in yesterday to see what's changed, and noticed my transfered character was a mess, the UI was incomplete, the crackling sound is still there, and everything just crashed once I opened the calendar.

To be honest, I'm a bit worried if this goes live like this. Rushed and buggy.

I mean, the bugs are half the problem, but I don't want any of my characters to suffer in the transition because of this by mistake.
I was wondering if anyone was having major bugs come up; my experience was really smooth over the weekend, but I guess that wasn't the case for everyone. Too good to be true, I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-28-2011, 07:48 AM
I think it will on day 8 or later, the longer it can continue to fulfill promises more people will take to remove the subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-28-2011, 09:22 AM
14th Dec, I think.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Most likely they want to get the alpha test on tribble finished as soon as they can, in order to get sufficient beta testing results with the larger live population. Also they will try to push it live in order to stop players from stockpiling (more) stuff. Therefore: December 1st.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-28-2011, 10:28 AM
The closer to (or beyond) December 8th, the better as the Tribble build STILL needs A LOT of work (and no this isn't a complaint about the changes I doin't care for as A LOT of the build is just plain bugged out - including their taunted new features like the Calender, elements of the Doff UI, etc.)

D'Angelo claimed they were doing a 'bug pass'; but the recen Tribble patches added MORE bugs to the mix that need fixing before they move it to the Holodeck server.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm sincerely hoping they don't do this, but the cynic in me (based on past Cryptic release history) suspects it will be pushed live this Thursday or Friday anyway regardless of all the remaining bugs and unsettled issues with the current build.

It will certainly be "interesting" to see what happens when the release to holodeck does go live.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
The closer to (or beyond) December 8th, the better as the Tribble build STILL needs A LOT of work (and no this isn't a complaint about the changes I doin't care for as A LOT of the build is just plain bugged out - including their taunted new features like the Calender, elements of the Doff UI, etc.)

D'Angelo claimed they were doing a 'bug pass'; but the recen Tribble patches added MORE bugs to the mix that need fixing before they move it to the Holodeck server.
Myabe, that was the bug pass? and yeah its not getting better as far as bugs go.