Lt. Commander
# 1 Another Funny Encounter...
11-28-2011, 01:45 AM
So I was replaying Night of the Comet the other day, and some sort of glitch happened during the bar fight scene. I wasn't able to inflict any damage on any Starfleet or Klingon officers in the room - firing on them, burning them in flames, using Hyperonic Radiation... nothing worked... as if they were all immune to damage. Yet I was still able to kill the Devidians and continue on with the mission objectives.

After the Devidian Phantasm boss was defeated, it was pretty funny walking with Scotty, only to still find the Fed and KDF officers in the bar room shooting at each other...and me...

And they continued shooting at each other even while I was asking the bartender to make me a drink for Cassidy. Can you imagine the nerve?

I got about two dozen critical injuries from that mission, but they healed automatically when it was over.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-28-2011, 09:19 AM
This seems to be fixed on Tribble finally... This has happened under certain circumstances since the mission came out. For some people "certain circumstances" seems to be "Every time."

A head's up, if you haven't done it yet, the mission The Vault also does this occasionally in the final fight, and under more predictable conditions. If you kill both Scorpion fighters too quickly (like with one torpedo spread) the Warbird will never die. Use single target energy attacks to kill the fighters slowly and all seems well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Ah, the bar fight bug. Yeah, happens about every 2nd time to me doing this mission. Cryptic claims to have fixed it at least on Tribble, but who knows... I've encountered a similar bug on Cutting the Cord during the Reruns, after some of the Romulans managed to heal themselves back to about 1/3 they suddently were invulnerable. Unkillable NPCs are always a pleasure.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
Unkillable NPCs are always a pleasure.
So that's why they call it "Elite" difficulty. Because the NPCs are zombies that never die. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Well known bug. Just wait until you are completely out of red alert before going down the hallway to the bar. If you run down the hallway while still in red alert from the previous battle, the pop-up that tells you to stop the bar fight does not happen which will then bug out the mission.