Lt. Commander
# 21
11-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
I'm sure CRD that you are now leading the CDF with the excuses of "but, but, but....they blah blah blah"
I think you're talking to me... CRD...?? The CDF curve would agree with that assumption.

Since no mod would catch on that you're flaming, I will reply.

I don't recall ever making "excuses." Just because you don't like to hear examples that may or may not support your view, does not make them an "excuse."

Excuses are StormShade's job, not mine.

Therefore, you would not have a CDF from CDR's "excuses."
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Quote:
I can't possibly think of a faster way than 1 hour and 42 minutes from out of the tutorial to ensign 51 on some of my toons. Oh and by the way. the record still stands at 1 hour 28 minutes out of academy to level 51.

But I really think they mean slowed it during the lower levels, where it was always too fast. Then you had to grind, grind grind through the higher levels to hit the right points.

however, this whole grind2win abortion of an update prompted me to make those extra toons and get them as much geared up as I could, even if that meant spending all the 250 vet emblems if I needed to.
See, that's where I get cognitive dissonance. Really? An hour and three quarters? That's just so alien to my experience. Yes, I hit level cap a lot quicker in this game than in any other -- say, a month or so of moderately steady playing, compared to, say, half a year to hit level cap in CoH (and DO NOT talk to me about FFXI. DO NOT. Frickin' year of teaming four to five hours every night and still got only halfway to level cap....) But... an hour and three quarters? I know you didn't 'sploit to do that, but that's still really flooring to me. Did you do ANY storyline missions?
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Even I am perplexed by this one.... It appears they've retooled the xp curve to a point where up to Cmdr is accelerated and from Cmdr to VA it increases.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc_foxtrot View Post
From "Path to F2P #24" http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2695

Quote:
Faster Leveling The leveling curve has been adjusted through the game, particularly at the earlier levels.
The following is my theory as to why this may have happened (partially at least) :

In the thread titled "Stop the Signal Stopped the Game, Story Chaining glaring weakness on tribble" , Rehpic (a cryptic dev) stated that one way they intend to combat the failure in the episodic chain progression was to :

Quote:
We have tuned the difficulty of some of the problem encounters, including the one in Stop the Signal. This change will likely be in a patch later this week. Let us know how it works after the change, and if you find any of the other episodes excessively difficult.
In short , their answer to potential bugs in the system is to allow us to sail through missions by making them easy ... -- heck they even ask for recommendations for missions that they can make easier .

After I re-read that post to make sure I did not misunderstand (I was hoping I did ...) , my response was :
"Were this a phone call to a service provider , this would be the point I would ask to talk with a supervisor ."

As I said in the beginning , this is I believe a partial reason for the quote from D'Angelo .
I also agree with a previous poster who said that one of the reasons they may think that VA's are a minority is because so many players have quit at lower levels .
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakout View Post
Even I am perplexed by this one.... It appears they've retooled the xp curve to a point where up to Cmdr is accelerated and from Cmdr to VA it increases.
That is my assumption, like a Logarithmic curve
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
From "Path to F2P #24" http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2695

The following is my theory as to why this may have happened (partially at least) :

In the thread titled "Stop the Signal Stopped the Game, Story Chaining glaring weakness on tribble" , Rehpic (a cryptic dev) stated that one way they intend to combat the failure in the episodic chain progression was to :

In short , their answer to potential bugs in the system is to allow us to sail through missions by making them easy ... -- heck they even ask for recommendations for missions that they can make easier .

After I re-read the post to make sure I did not misunderstand (I was hoping I did ...) , my response was :
"Were this a phone call to a service provider , this would be the point I would ask to talk with a supervisor ."

As I said in the beginning , this is I believe a partial reason for the quote from D'Angelo .
I also agree with a previous poster who said that one of the reasons they may think that VA's are a minority is because so many players have quit at lower levels .
The only logical conclusion to draw of why some large x% of the playerbase didn't pass past commander is because they quit, forever. That was just one glaring way of Cryptic/Stahl twisting data to make the point that they were right, when in fact they were wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
See, that's where I get cognitive dissonance. Really? An hour and three quarters? That's just so alien to my experience....Did you do ANY storyline missions?
I would personally assume that you can achieve this by not ranking up while utilizing team play, but two hours?

The real key maybe in the foundry missions... cause there is no travel or cool down...
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
That is my assumption, like a Logarithmic curve
Why would they call it "Faster Leveling" instead of "Altered Leveling Curve" then?
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
I would personally assume that you can achieve this by not ranking up while utilizing team play, but two hours?

The real key maybe in the foundry missions... cause there is no travel or cool down...
Yes to all.....
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Quote:
The only logical conclusion to draw of why some large x% of the playerbase didn't pass past commander is because they quit, forever. That was just one glaring way of Cryptic/Stahl twisting data to make the point that they were right, when in fact they were wrong.
Well that , and the fact that the game did come with 30 day free game play .
Once the 30 days were up , I suspect a number of ppl did not find the game to be on par with their expectations and decided to cut their losses with the initial purchase of the game .
Where can you get within 30 days in this game if you're a casual gamer ?
Somewhere in the lower ranks .

p.s. : GenXCraig , would you mind not feeding the CDR_Mat troll ?