Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
11-28-2011, 11:07 PM
I had one toon max ranked at RA, and another new toon to commander (low something) within 30 days of typical gameplay at the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
11-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Where can you get within 30 days in this game if you're a casual gamer ?
Somewhere in the lower ranks .
The casual gamer was their target market, excellent observation!

I think I like you. <--- creepy factor intentional
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
11-28-2011, 11:24 PM
They should do the Guild Wars thing, fast to max, All content past that is, gear, vanity and endgame missions/stories.

Lol at posters that say this game is fastest, play some more games....

level 1 to max works well as a learning curve. Put everyone at top and all missions can get more epic and PvP can be balanced (well kinda). Make it all gear and vanity.

Delaying the process to max will sell some ships, but you have the advantage of using the consoles with higher ships, so some profit can be made. Once F2P hits all work on low level should stop.

A casual gamer just plays through the missions we have now and really shouldn't worry about max level. They are having fun, can't use the gear and really why add more for them when they are so casual?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
11-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
They should do the Guild Wars thing, fast to max, All content past that is, gear, vanity and endgame missions/stories.

Lol at posters that say this game is fastest, play some more games....

level 1 to max works well as a learning curve. Put everyone at top and all missions can get more epic and PvP can be balanced (well kinda). Make it all gear and vanity.

Delaying the process to max will sell some ships, but you have the advantage of using the consoles with higher ships, so some profit can be made. Once F2P hits all work on low level should stop.

A casual gamer just plays through the missions we have now and really shouldn't worry about max level. They are having fun, can't use the gear and really why add more for them when they are so casual?
The point is that the devs have said you could reach level cap in 24 hours with help from a few Red Bulls (bullocks, btw). Now they say they are speeding it up.

If there is any consistent message out there, it's that Cryptic doesn't know how to be consistent.

Oxymoronic, no?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
11-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Oh finally. Those damned early levels are a pain in the butt to do because they go by so slow. This is a welcome change, IMO.

My concern is if this is going to apply to upper levels, too. Those were the ones that went by too fast, right there as you hit Captain. Then they just fly by. Those should be slowed a bit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
11-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Apparently they didn't have an issue with being able to hit cap in a day, just with the obtaining of gear.
Thats the message I'm seeing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
11-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
The point is that the devs have said you could reach level cap in 24 hours with help from a few Red Bulls (bullocks, btw). Now they say they are speeding it up.

If there is any consistent message out there, it's that Cryptic doesn't know how to be consistent.

Oxymoronic, no?
They said you could reach max level AND be geared out in a weekend. That was the problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
11-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
They said you could reach max level AND be geared out in a weekend. That was the problem.
Which was a laughable, bald-faced lie to the media on Cryptic's part. Saying half of what they say is completely unjustifiable on their part, and Cryptic should be ashamed of themselves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
11-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
I had one toon max ranked at RA, and another new toon to commander (low something) within 30 days of typical gameplay at the time.
First char took me about 6 months .
Second and onward , between 2-4 months .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
I think I like you. <--- creepy factor intentional
I suppose I should be flattered ... (altho your avatar actually comes to mind) .
So allow me to tip my hat to you too sir .
It takes a clever troll to avoid the obvious pitfalls of vitriol and cheap lolz , yet that alone does not change the fact that in my humble opinion , you sir be trolln' .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
11-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
It takes a clever troll to avoid the obvious pitfalls of vitriol and cheap lolz , yet that alone does not change the fact that in my humble opinion , you sir be trolln' .
No matter how I reply, I lose. If I deny it, the less you'll believe me...

If I admit to it, well... I get an infraction...

You sir, win.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 PM.