Lt. Commander
# 21
11-21-2011, 03:53 PM
In response to feedback regarding the length of this mission I have just finished splitting it into 2 manageable smaller missions of 3 maps each

Incidentally, I would not recommend foundry mission surgery to anyone.. ever...

I have no qualms in admitting: I was utterly terrified it was gonna break somehow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentum
Just wanted to add a reply to your mission.
This ist definatly among the best I have ever played in this game, and it puts cryptic to shame ( just my honest opinion).
The storytelling and dialog really did capture and hold me, kept me interested in the story the whole time.
I spent at least 2hrs on your mission and enjoyed every minute of that.
Branching dialogs, different options and an impact of your decisions, just wonderful!
Its missions like these that remind me why I still play this game.
Let me just say a big thank you for your hard work, I am looking forward to your next project.

I could not decide wether to aid my crew or follow orders to support the fleet, i chose the latter and later on you made me feel very bad for leaving my security team behind. Gonna give this a replay
It seems you are the 1st one brave enough to go back for a replay If you played to the end on a 2nd run you will find the final space battle plays out quite differently depending on the earlier choice..

Thanks for your kind words and support. It's the greatest encouragement to be told that I've "added something" to a game that I enjoy so much.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Even better the second time!
11-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Just played through your edited (and recently divided) mission, and I'm impressed! It's obvious you've spent some serious time polishing your work. I can only imagine how much effort it must have taken to break this mission into two parts from its original format; however, I think that will yield big dividends in the future. Nicely done!

While I'm not as thorough as Evil70th, I did catch a few typos for your consideration:
  • In the first conversation with the Vass and the envoy, there were a few mistakes; specifically in the sentence, "Very little I'm afraid. All i can be sure of.." the i needs to be capitalized.
  • In that same dialogue sequence there is a place where Vass is spelled with only has one "s" instead of two.
  • Finally, in the dialogue sequence with the Vass and the envoy that takes place after I solve the mystery, the envoy says, "Be assured, Nass and I..." I believe this should be "Vass and I..."
A few quick compliments. I enjoyed the appearance of the Lethean interrogator in the first episode. I believe the way you created this minor character was very clever, and shows a tremendous amount of attention to detail (one Foundry author to another: did you use invisible walls with a place marker to pull this off?) And as I said before, several of your dialogue sequences border on poetic; they create a beautifully vivid portrait of your characters. I also want to thank you for your simple, but clever, solution to the unfortunate Foundry bug of dialogue remaining on the screen after it should disappear. I actually applied your solution in one of my missions suffering from a similar problem.

Although I personally love this mission and enjoy the challenge you present with the investigative dialogue, I notice that you've taken a little flak from some players for the difficulty this can present. One suggestion on how you might mitigate this is to create a "cheat" option. This could take the form of an NPC who can guide the player to the next person/task necessary to unravel the mystery. Different hints and directions could appear/disappear when objectives are met. You would want to put some OOC text at the beginning of this NPC's dialogue stressing that players should only use this resource if they get stuck (I believe that much of the fun of this mission is figuring out what to do, but not everyone will feel the same way).

Thanks again for all the time and effort you have put into these missions. I highly doubt this will be the last time I play them.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
I enjoyed the appearance of the Lethean interrogator in the first episode. I believe the way you created this minor character was very clever, and shows a tremendous amount of attention to detail (one Foundry author to another: did you use invisible walls with a place marker to pull this off?) )
Umm.. this was done with a reach marker and three sets of invis. walls as you turn the corner. The first reach marker drops the inv. walls around whichever mob your puzzle choice spawned and the second one further down drops the inv. walls around the main Klingon character and the Lethean.

Since he's a skinned Reman (for the psi effects) he attacks the Klingons as soon as the walls drop. This was to give the idea that as you complete the puzzle and their CO starts acting really weird the Klingons turn on him because they think he's the source of teh strange goings on. :p