Lt. Commander
# 11
11-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I have a few of those items:
Chroma-dynamic Body Armor (Good for the first 10 levels)
Automated Defense Battery (horribly weak, and with the changes to missiles, pretty useless)

I would LOVE to get my hands on the other pre-order items. especially that gun... It would be great vs Borg, and actually allow my Science captain to max that dumb kinetic achievement that I cant seem to get any points in.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_of_Champions View Post
I would LOVE to get my hands on the other pre-order items. especially that gun... It would be great vs Borg, and actually allow my Science captain to max that dumb kinetic achievement that I cant seem to get any points in.
All my toons (including my Sci VA) use that weapon against Borg, but IIRC, it does piddly unmodified damage (~51 DPS?). The big pluses it offers are the shield penetration and the shoot-through-hard-cover ability. Borg-hunting in a facility is more fun when you can pop out, squeeze off a shot to get a target lock, then run back into the hall and keep shooting at them through the wall.

It *does* help when seeking that Kinetic Killer accolade, but given the small amount of damage it does, it still takes about three geologic ages unless you're rolling with a Tac. That said, Tacs can deal out *horrendous* amounts of damage with that thing when it's properly buffed.