Lt. Commander
# 51
11-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I can equip a ship 80/90% of the way, and with the *current* crafting system if you've been using it at all levels to get gear then its easy to fill in the rest and your personal equipment with Memory Alpha.
So in the end the argument was that if you've played for 500 days and have leveled up crafting and collected enough materials you can gear up in a day?

Lt. Commander
# 52
11-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
So in the end the argument was that if you've played for 500 days and have leveled up crafting and collected enough materials you can gear up in a day?
whose argument are you referring to? Cryptic's?
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous View Post
Yup, I made it to VA1 on tribble with pathetic green equipment in the VII-VIII range.
You do realize that what you just said means that anyone can just download the STO client, play the entire game and level up their character from Lv1 to max-level without actually grinding or buying anything from the C-Store and then either decide to put some coin in the box, or just leave?

That's a wonderful proposition Cryptic is putting on the table for any casual gamer!
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
You do realize that what you just said means that anyone can just download the STO client, play the entire game and level up their character from Lv1 to max-level without actually grinding or buying anything from the C-Store and then either decide to put some coin in the box, or just leave?

That's a wonderful proposition Cryptic is putting on the table for any casual gamer!
You can make it to 51 in a miranda with all mk I gear. Quite easily in fact.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Mat
whose argument are you referring to? Cryptic's?
The infamous "level up to 51 and get the best gear in a day".
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Also, does not faster leveling diminish the value of the mid-tier ships? (Both in dilithium and c-store value)
I just want to point out that you're not really buying the mid-tier ship for the ship itself... you are buying it for the console, most of which are quite viable at end game, especially in PvP. Having a fancy skin to use on a low level toon is just a bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
I just want to point out that you're not really buying the mid-tier ship for the ship itself... you are buying it for the console, most of which are quite viable at end game, especially in PvP. Having a fancy skin to use on a low level toon is just a bonus.
Those skins are also available for most of the end game ships
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
So, paying more for a console than it's actually worth. I get it.
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Personally, I like it like this.

Leveling should be your training period. Endgame should be your graduation.

It limits level grinding, which is a big pain in the ***.

I don't know about you, but I rather like the idea of going through an entire rank in a week's worth of on and off gaming than I do working at a character's levels for months on end in an endless Bataan Death March of constant grinding.

So personally l like it the way it is.

However, endgame content has to increase (especially with Klingons) in order to keep the players interested, and as a substitute for the now cut down level grinding.
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post

Can I posit a possible motive and get some feedback?
What is the possibility Cryptic is creating the fast low level pace to create a false expectation in the higher ranks? new players zoom through low levels and upon hitting commander their progress slows considerably. Thus making them feel as if they need better ships, and gear to compete and get through high end content, so off to the c-store they go to buy ships and c points then to the dilithium exchange to start buying high end weapons? ..... Nah they wouldn't be doing that would they