Lt. Commander
I felt it's necessary for those who aren't reading all of the bug report pages in the forum, to have a new thread here in general discussion, so you know what you have to do to work around that nasty bug:

You MAY turn in the missions where it says Collect Rewards and infact are Success or Critical Success missions. However, you MAY NOT turn in the missions where it says Acknowledge Report if they are a Success or Critical Success, as you will just turn in the mission WITHOUT any rewards. Usually, that button ONLY appears on missions that are failures or even disasters without any rewards!

~ Eris (Marika)

PS: Missions who have the button "Acknowledge Report" do NOT block your duty officers for new assignments. Just keep those finished assignments where they are, and the duty officers will be free for a new assignment. However, those with the button "Collect Rewards" ARE blocked until you turn that mission fully in by claiming the rewards and freeing the duty officers for a new assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
I felt it's necessary for those who aren't reading all of the bug report pages in the forum, to have a new thread here in general discussion, so you know what you have to do to work around that nasty bug:

You MAY turn in the missions where it says Collect Rewards and infact are Success or Critical Success missions. However, you MAY NOT turn in the missions where it says Acknowledge Report if they are a Success or Critical Success, as you will just turn in the mission WITHOUT any rewards. Usually, that button ONLY appears on missions that are failures or even disasters without any rewards!

~ Eris (Marika)

PS: Missions who have the button "Acknowledge Report" do NOT block your duty officers for new assignments. Just keep those finished assignments where they are, and the duty officers will be free for a new assignment. However, those with the button "Collect Rewards" ARE blocked until you turn that mission fully in by claiming the rewards and freeing the duty officers for a new assignment.
THANK YOU. That works, at least for the assignments I'm able to turn in. I think the ones I can't are the ones that were started during the transition period to the new patch.

Oddly, it seems that I've been permanently reduced from 21 assignment points to 20. Not sure if that was intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Sickbay assignments (that's the officers which got injured during previous assignments, usually they are in sickbay then for 20 hours after the failed assignment) do not count as assignments, as they are "forced" ones. Same with disciplinary assignments "confined to quarters". Therefore, sometimes you might have more than 20 running assignment slots, up to 24 I had once when a lot of my crew was injured after an explosion and some other failed assignments. *giggles*

The hard limit on "unforced" assignments is always 20, don't worry. If you had 21 before, you surely had either a "Sickbay" or a "Confined To Quarters" forced assignment in them.

And it's most likely that all the assignments that went complete DURING the bugged period will not be able to get fixed, fortunately it was not a big time window. I'm considering clicking those in anyway, it's just a few explore, diplomatic and engineering points without big rewards such as blue items or so.

~ Eris / Marika