Lt. Commander
# 1 Just got my Vo’Quv
11-30-2011, 07:59 AM
I just got my big sexy carrier and I keep see people talk about the BOP but were do I get them? It may not really matter since FTP beta goes live in a few days.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerimus13 View Post
I just got my big sexy carrier and I keep see people talk about the BOP but were do I get them? It may not really matter since FTP beta goes live in a few days.
You can get them from the Ship equipment vendors found on the Space Staion in orbit around the Klingon Homeworld or Klingon Space Station found in the same sector has Deep Space K7 (Hate not remembering names)
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2011, 10:48 AM
I have a beam with 2 torps in the front and a beam with a torp and a mine in the back. I figure that the BoPs will do my shield work. I didn't get rid of the fighters either so if BoP's don't work fighters will.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy31 View Post
I have a beam with 2 torps in the front and a beam with a torp and a mine in the back. I figure that the BoPs will do my shield work. I didn't get rid of the fighters either so if BoP's don't work fighters will.
I'm curious to get peoples opinions on these... when I started kitting out my VoQ I kind of defaulted to beams but I've just discovered that I can put turrets in all the weapon slots, front and rear.
I had had (wait for it) 3 RCS consoles plugged in in an effort to make it more maneuverable but now I'm thinking all turrets, with shield and hull consoles in to make it harder to kill with 100% of its weapons on target 100% of the time.
It also feels more "capital ship" like that.

Whats the wisdom from the more experienced VoQ skippers? ...I'm kind of new to them
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
I love all turrets, just for the look if nothing else.

To be really mean... Use CSV alot and the Plasmodic leach.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I love all turrets, just for the look if nothing else.

To be really mean... Use CSV alot and the Plasmodic leach.
I have started using beams in the front turrets in the back a few days a go and I must say I like it. I tried a lot of combinations and was not satisfied with any of them. Torps in the front was a sad mistake when using BOP and will be until they get the BOP fixed. I want to get all the other fighters but I don't know where to buy them. I really like experimenting.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerimus13 View Post
I have started using beams in the front turrets in the back a few days a go and I must say I like it. I tried a lot of combinations and was not satisfied with any of them. Torps in the front was a sad mistake when using BOP and will be until they get the BOP fixed. I want to get all the other fighters but I don't know where to buy them. I really like experimenting.
I really love the vo'quv but ever since the bop's first got broken with them there has been many statements that a fix is in the pipeline. Then this whole carrier command stuff is nice in theory but it just further has broken the already broken system and now I cannot even use this vo'quv at all every pet I try to use just will not attack any target. All they end up doing is hugging up the given target you choose for them to attack. I guess for those who wanted it nerfed they got what they want because its not even pve worth now. I have 6 kdf LG's and most of them I set up to use what were or now carrier type ships so now I got a bunch of characters I cannot use due to this problem. I don't really see many sales going through on the special c-store stuff for them if they cannot even be used to be honest.

As for where to buy them go to the shipyard and talk to the guy towards the right side that is a vendor and click on the carrier items. Theres like bops, fighters, orion slavers, shield healing drones, siphon pods, kar'fi stuff like their fighters and frigates... not sure if I missed any but lots of things to use if the system ever gets fixed for carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
I'm curious to get peoples opinions on these... when I started kitting out my VoQ I kind of defaulted to beams but I've just discovered that I can put turrets in all the weapon slots, front and rear.
I had had (wait for it) 3 RCS consoles plugged in in an effort to make it more maneuverable but now I'm thinking all turrets, with shield and hull consoles in to make it harder to kill with 100% of its weapons on target 100% of the time.
It also feels more "capital ship" like that.
So here's an update on what I did eventually in case anyone is curious...
I'm now running all disruptor turrets, all the time. No torps at all and BoPs in the fighter bays.
Removed all the RCS consoles and I'm now running SIF and Shield bonuses mostly in their place and 2 disruptor bonuses in the Tact. slots

The VoQ handles like a pig *however* all the weapons are all on target 100% of the time and (frankly) stuff just melts.
If my opening move is timed well and on my terms (so I drop an AUX battery and then a gravity well and scramble sensors, open up with all guns, 4 BoPs and scatter volley, emerg.power to weps etc. it's complete carnage and I hardly have to manuever at all

*Really* glad I did it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybuur View Post
So here's an update on what I did eventually in case anyone is curious...
I'm now running all disruptor turrets, all the time. No torps at all and BoPs in the fighter bays.
Removed all the RCS consoles and I'm now running SIF and Shield bonuses mostly in their place and 2 disruptor bonuses in the Tact. slots

The VoQ handles like a pig *however* all the weapons are all on target 100% of the time and (frankly) stuff just melts.
If my opening move is timed well and on my terms (so I drop an AUX battery and then a gravity well and scramble sensors, open up with all guns, 4 BoPs and scatter volley, emerg.power to weps etc. it's complete carnage and I hardly have to manuever at all

*Really* glad I did it.
The BOP are currently broken and seldom attack any targets, how are you getting yours to work.

I've been using 5 Disruptor Turrets with 1 Quantum Torp up front and S'kul fighters in both bays and I've had no problems.

Gravity well 3 was weakend a bit with the last 2 Holo updates but it still does the job I use it for quite well.

The S'kul fighters respond 100% to the commands but they still won't fire on the large gates found on some of the STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I gotta try the turrets in the back and beams in the front. Harp'en torpedoes look good as well.