Lt. Commander
# 11
11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celendis View Post
It is generally believed that the warp scale was adjusted because as ships got faster, it was unwieldy to refer to speeds as warp 9.xx. The Enterprise-D and Pasteur traveled at warp 13 in the incident concerning the temporal anomaly in the Devron system. (TNG: "All Good Things...")
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Warp_factor
http://youtu.be/299d23UY3Ig

That and .02 in a linear scale in this game is nothing. Warp 13 for the MACO engine! It is a canon number and it wouldn't even be the fastest engine.

Edit: Video proof of the Pasteur
ya it woudln't be the fastest engine but it will be alot faster than warp 9.99.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah I am fine for keeping the Borg engine the fastest, but we need another option for a faster sector space speed.

These new STF engines are the perfect opportunity to put one in, and make the set more desirable to get.
The whole Warp 13 is great cause it actually was in a Star Trek episode.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Phyrexian is right, Cryptic uses a linear speed model instead of a logarithimic speed system. In-game, the MACO Engine is no better than regular warp at VA, but in Trek it would be 20x faster.

I personally find it ironic that the Old Borg Engine is Warp 14, and the MACO Engine is supposed to be better yet significantly slower. :p

As for the differences in warp scales.

Pre-TOS to TOS, warp speeds were far slower than TNG speeds, so Warp 14 in TOS was like Warp 7 in the TNG era with the discovery of the warp threshold.

In Future Trek with "Warp 13" "Warp 14", they are using Transwarp, which is significantly higher warp speeds. For instance in TNG Trek it would be refered to as Warp 9.999999 and Warp 9.9999999. Closer to the barrier, yet not crossing it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:

Pre-TOS to TOS, warp speeds were far slower than TNG speeds, so Warp 14 in TOS was like Warp 7 in the TNG era with the discovery of the warp threshold.
Would you please be so kind as to direct me to where you found this information?
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-30-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm still trying to get by why someone feels the need to get to the other side of the STO Galaxy...,

...in less than the 5 minutes it takes now...

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRook View Post
Would you please be so kind as to direct me to where you found this information?
ST Encyclopedia and http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Warp_factor
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-30-2011, 05:50 PM
All VA's should have QSD (Quantum Slipstream Drive) which boosts your speed anyway, sure it has a cool down period but if you need to get somewhere faster it does shave a bit of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Phyrexian is right, Cryptic uses a linear speed model instead of a logarithimic speed system. In-game, the MACO Engine is no better than regular warp at VA, but in Trek it would be 20x faster.

I personally find it ironic that the Old Borg Engine is Warp 14, and the MACO Engine is supposed to be better yet significantly slower. :p

In Future Trek with "Warp 13" "Warp 14", they are using Transwarp, which is significantly higher warp speeds. For instance in TNG Trek it would be refered to as Warp 9.999999 and Warp 9.9999999. Closer to the barrier, yet not crossing it.
You mean the transwarp threshould. How is the MACO engine better than the borg engine?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
You mean the transwarp threshould. How is the MACO engine better than the borg engine?
I never said it was better in means of an game item. What I'm saying is, hey Starfleet Reverse engineered this Borg Technology and improved it".

To be honest, the Borg Set is still far superior than the STF Mk 12 Set, mainly because of that heal. If STFs didn't have accolades to unlock, I wouldn't bother with that garbage called STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I agree that there should be a better bonus to the MACO engine. For the amount of STF's (and dumb luck) I have to grind to get the MK XII version, I would think that the bonus would be a little better than what it is now.