Lt. Commander
All the C-Store ships got their ability changed to consoles and a added slot to put it in.Thats fine but why was a slot not added for the T5 excelsior?I paid for the ship to have X number of slots and the transwarp power.Now the product I paid real money for has lost a slot for equipment and has been further gimped.I mean really Cryptic was the T5 excel that overpowered and a huge threat to your balancing that it had to be castrated like it was.Dont even try to say it was to balance PvP because I havent seen a single person in those from months.So Devs give back the transwarp the way it was or add a slot to make up for the loss.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
after the fiasco that was the forum fire when it was first found out what was going to happen they backed down, but apparently that was simply to calm people down so they could then stealthily put it in there anyway and try to make us buy our power back and have to use mutliple consoles to get the same damn thing we had already paid real life money for. Well i can now put any money that would have gone to the cstore into other gaming purposes and just have to make due with my stipend. I have no intention of paying real life money for product that they may decide to force me to buy a second time when the feel like it.

I will continue to play STO on and off for as long as i can stand it, but they will be very hard pressed to obtain any further funds from me. And i sure as heck won't be bothering with any future games released by craptic studios. I don't give a rats butt about the legal mumbo jumbo stating they can do what ever they please with THEIR digital product. when i pay real life money for goodies and they decide to later change said goodies that ****es me the hell off. Why would ANYONE buy something knowing full well that it may be changed later down the road? I didn't buy my mustang so that the dealership can later tow it and give me a pinto instead. yeah they have the RIGHT to do what ever they want, but from a business stand point its akin to shooting themselves in the foot......but they've already done it so i expect they'll do it again in the future at the drop of a hat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 09:55 AM
The T5 Excelsior is not the only one having its power converted to a console without a slot being added, the NX class is the same.

Really pretty sure we can live with the change and maybe even benefit from its skill levels bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
How about we check IN-Game first, to see if this is true...
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2011, 10:02 AM
but....but......sigh.....i'm just so used to being mad at cryptic the past few months i just went into zerker mode............grrrrr...........they could have spelled that out better in the patch notes. It APPEARS that the ship i already had retains its inherent warp locations......not sure if my alt characters will get the same treament when they level up and claim the ship though.......hopefully its as simple as anyone who PURCHASED the ship PRE f2p will retain the ship as it was prior to f2p even if they discard and reclaim the ship....but not willing to test that out
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Just checked .. T5 Excelsior no console and all transwarps seem intact. Guess panic is over?

Edit maybe not.. Weren't we supposed to get the T3 excelsior unlocked if we already had the T5 version?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
Just checked .. T5 Excelsior no console and all transwarps seem intact. Guess panic is over?
Yeppers...

I love the LEGACY Catagory for the C-Store stuff too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-01-2011, 10:20 AM
question though is if its ONLY for ships you had IN inventory? so if i decommison and reclaim which one would i get? if i claim it on an alt that hasn't claimed it yet which version do i get? I'm hoping if we purchased it PRIOR to f2p we still get the old version, but i'm doubting that.....would also mean you'd be locked out of the console for its new bonus......see what happens when my alt can claim it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
question though is if its ONLY for ships you had IN inventory? so if i decommison and reclaim which one would i get? if i claim it on an alt that hasn't claimed it yet which version do i get? I'm hoping if we purchased it PRIOR to f2p we still get the old version, but i'm doubting that.....would also mean you'd be locked out of the console for its new bonus......see what happens when my alt can claim it.
If you bought it previous to F2P, it goes by the old rule... (see your Legacy Files in the C-Store)