Lt. Commander
# 1 Console nerf explanations?
12-01-2011, 10:31 AM
so did we ever get an actual explanation of WHY they nerfed various consoles? particularly engineering consoles that increased power, why did they get nerfed into the ground? Their half as effective meaning as far as i'm concerned they are a WASTE of a console slot. how aggravating. apparenlty its just a change things to change things to tick people off.....
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
so did we ever get an actual explanation of WHY they nerfed various consoles? particularly engineering consoles that increased power, why did they get nerfed into the ground? Their half as effective meaning as far as i'm concerned they are a WASTE of a console slot. how aggravating. apparenlty its just a change things to change things to tick people off.....
Somewhere in the last day or so, one of the Dev's posted that the Consoles are being Adjusted but it will take time...

But for the life of me I can't remember, Who or When...

The Dev Tracker is your friend though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2011, 10:41 AM
thanx for the heads up.....still seems fishy that they were changed at all. Don' think they needed to be touched at all.....we shall see what happens. Them saying they will be adjusted still seems like saying we nerfed them for what ever/non existent reason and MAY buff them a little depending on the forum rage quotient.......but that could just be my no faith in cryptic moodiness talking.......
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
thanx for the heads up.....still seems fishy that they were changed at all. Don' think they needed to be touched at all.....we shall see what happens. Them saying they will be adjusted still seems like saying we nerfed them for what ever/non existent reason and MAY buff them a little depending on the forum rage quotient.......but that could just be my no faith in cryptic moodiness talking.......
I don't think the Consoles themselves were nerffed... but the changes with the Skill Tree affected them all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2011, 10:56 AM
It was in the 11/23 patch notes:

Updated some consoles and Borg set items that granted a power level bonus to restore the bonus to the values that are on Holodeck.

I don't know if the "some" means that the others are coming eventually, or that the ones that haven't been restored are working as intended. I asked that question in the 11/23 thread, as I did when the change happened with the new skill system, but haven't gotten a response.

If they are working as intended, then the change ought to be in the patch notes. If they're not, it ought to be in the known issues. People may well end up spending dilithium trying to "fix" their builds, and if things are going to be put back, that would be a shame.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm hoping that they get around to having the skill trees will give you a meaning full number.......what does 99 mean? is that a 99% boost? don't think so.....meaningful numbers please