Lt. Commander
# 11
12-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
This thread needs closed, hell I would delete it if I was Cryptic.

For one it reads as if it is official at a bad time and it is in the wrong forum if it is a bug it should be in tribble forum.

I also disagree, it is not a bug and should not have been stated as such. Only developers should be able to claim something is a bug for sure, in the main forums, thats my opinion.
No, if its going to holodeck with a known bug (hell there are a lot, but thats beside the point), it is very much in the right section of the forums.
Everyone should know if there is a bug in the system when it is going live to the main server...

Right, got that out of the way. So let me get this straight. If I had say 500 points in the exchange (classified as sto only points now) and 500 normal cpoints that I could use for champs or sto. If I choose to sell 500 points it will take it from the universal points instead of the 500 in the exchange?

If thats the case, then thats not acceptable!
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
So, if I'm reading your point correctly, only Devs can acknowledge something is a bug...

So, in other words when a Dev comes in and says essentially. "Yes, it's a bug, and it's something we'd like to fix but can't right now...""

That doesn't help the sitiation? Wow.
Damn it you ninja'd me :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-01-2011, 10:01 AM
But the main point is it is not a bug! Jeeze people.

Also if you support the game you don't want bugs in the face every day on every forum, come on that is just common sense.

What someone sees as a bug may not be or may not be a major bug but is made out to be one on the forum because it gets the attention of players who never go on tribble. Players, I mean trolls, who will jump into the thread without a care of trying to help test and improve.

I stand by what I said. Wrong forum, I don't want to see bug talk in every forum just because some of you do want it. I also don't think a dev should be so relaxed about a new product being released and put down in a way that really comes across as official. Then adds to that official feeling by commenting on it.

It's my opinion that the thread opening and title comes across as official partly because there is so much dev activity tonight plus dev threads.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Oh and as a developer myself I say yes only a developer can confirm a bug is really a bug, in a lot of cases.

None developer definition of a bug is often sketchy and in this case the developer has confirmed the feature works as intended.

He has said he would like it changed but by saying fixed, well this is a bug now isn't it and a new feature being released right now is just a total lot of **** in the eyes of many reading this especially anyone looking for an excuses to kick of in ESD. I'm sure there will be bugs so this is just another added but how does that help anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Yes erm ... Zypher2011 ... , thanks for trolling , but if your intent is to stop players from informing other players of the "side effect" (Rehpic's words) of a potential misplacement or loss of their C-Points (aka their money) , then thanks for playing , but no thanks .
That is info that needs to be available to players , not hidden from them in some subforum or other .
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I guess none of this matters to anyone who's planning on never buying Cryptic Points as Cryptic had strict separation between CO points and STO points. This could become a concern to players who actually want to buy Cryptic Points and happen to play both CO and STO and wish to utilize both C-Store(s).