Lt. Commander
# 11
12-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I am not a fan of the signs either, they need signs that are more modern Trek...and less cartoony.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-02-2011, 01:50 AM
After reading a lot of hate about them, I don't actually think they look to bad to be honest. The bright colours are not really "Trek" but at least they're clear.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
They are definitely ugly. I understand they want new players to be able to find where they are going, but they can still accomplish that without using cartoons.
Quoted for truth
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Well they are listening, and given the non-Tribble crowd giving their feedback. The signs will surely be changed again.

Before this went Live, I drew up some "ideas":

Station Map 1
Station Map 2

(BTW, I also posted without the Text)

Hallway

The Shipyard turbolift.

Shipyard

Also working on the Junction Signs and some replacement icons that isn't Cartoonish.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-02-2011, 02:53 AM
The tribble crowd have been on about the signs since they changed them and they said that they would release better ones. They actually are even worse now than ever.

Just put the original ones back...
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-02-2011, 04:10 AM
the new signs on holodeck is a great improvement to the ugly stuff they had on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well they are listening, and given the non-Tribble crowd giving their feedback. The signs will surely be changed again.

Before this went Live, I drew up some "ideas":

Station Map 1
Station Map 2

(BTW, I also posted without the Text)

Hallway

The Shipyard turbolift.

Shipyard

Also working on the Junction Signs and some replacement icons that isn't Cartoonish.
awsome art ^^
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-02-2011, 05:49 AM
The ironic thing here is I canít see the new signs clearly from a distance and actually got lost! The icons are too small to see from a distance and all look the same. Also, the text is unreadable from a distance, either because of the font or because of the size, or both.

Why canít you do holographic signs like on QoíNoS instead? They are large, fit into the environment, and donít leave you guessing what the icon stands for. And as others have suggested, the waypoint system is the far superior option.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-02-2011, 06:56 AM
The old signs need to be put back, and if people really are getting lost in ESD, they need to update the MAP. All the important areas on ESD need to be labeled on the map. (Admiral, Shipyard, Sickbay, Requisitions, etc...)
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Indeed, the new signage at Earth Spacedock is an eyesore. I understand the role it must play in directing new players but there has to be a better design to strive for. The general color, text, and placement of the signs can be maintained whilst still offering a more appealing, more immersive design aesthetic. Here's hoping this signage is still considered a work-in-progress.