Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 121
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Off Topic:

You know, the first time I went into Ker'rat (many, many months ago), I didn't realize it was a PVP area.
When Klingons attacked me, I thought it was just part of the scenario!

But a question came to mind: I believe the mission you receive from Space Station K-7 (forgive me, I don't have the game up at the moment so can't check the name) is for Lt. Commanders? So if Klingons are now only Commander Rank to start out, what will this mean for the mission?

Sorry, didn't try it out on Tribble, so am just curious how this will work now, just in case I have another Alt to run through it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 122
12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
Well you are entitled to your own opinion, though wrong as it maybe. Roach I am in kerrat way more than you. From my exp and knowledge what i say is true. And i have seen it and been involved in it as well. You can ask anyone from X=Treme, or WOG. when there are even numbers on both sides the feds die everytime.
Well, as a member of both WoG and -X-treme, i kinda have to agree with you mikey. Although i think the reason the klinks usually win even if each side has 7 ships there, is that usually all 7 Klingons are there for pew, & at least 1/2 the feds are there to farm. The BoP is weak 1 vs 1, any experienced pvper knows it. thats why they hunt in packs.
Qapla'
EDIT
generally, the first thing the klingons do upon entering the Rat is to form up into a pack, the feds usually zoom off solo to start scanning nodes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 123
12-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
But Fallout, I often, no, excuse me, I always win against a single bop, there is no story, but the problem arises with a wolf pack of bops lurking in the shadows and ready to alpha strike against an unaware fed! And all the feds plus the minority of the klis are the majority! They agree that the klis are OP and the feds are UP (under powered or unfairly pariah).
So, you'll ALWAYS beat a bop in a 1v1, but bops are OP? Your argument then relies on them being Op because you don't stand 1 vs packofbops? I'm not sure how that makes sense. Does that make defiants OP when a pack of them uncloaked and kill me?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 124
12-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
You welcome, but remember, I have an UP Dreadnought, not an OP Bop!
I'll allow it...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 125
12-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onishin View Post
Off Topic:

You know, the first time I went into Ker'rat (many, many months ago), I didn't realize it was a PVP area.
When Klingons attacked me, I thought it was just part of the scenario!

But a question came to mind: I believe the mission you receive from Space Station K-7 (forgive me, I don't have the game up at the moment so can't check the name) is for Lt. Commanders? So if Klingons are now only Commander Rank to start out, what will this mean for the mission?

Sorry, didn't try it out on Tribble, so am just curious how this will work now, just in case I have another Alt to run through it.
Free loot and sp at Lt.Cmdr?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 126
12-02-2011, 01:34 AM
I can only repeat my statement once more time:
highest turn rate (superior to any fed ship) + DHC (at least we have them) + battle cloak or enhanced battle cloak (we feds don't have them) + universal Boff slots (again we feds can only dream them) + the most experienced captains of the game (you deserve it!) all this make a wolf pack of bops a lethal weapon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 127
12-02-2011, 02:17 AM
Klinguns are overpowered in PVP, no argument about that for sure. I agree.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 128
12-02-2011, 04:12 AM
Thank you Marika, you know it, you admit it! Lol, klinguns, I like it!:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 129
12-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
I can only repeat my statement once more time:
highest turn rate (superior to any fed ship) + DHC (at least we have them) + battle cloak or enhanced battle cloak (we feds don't have them) + universal Boff slots (again we feds can only dream them) + the most experienced captains of the game (you deserve it!) all this make a wolf pack of bops a lethal weapon.
Not true . Your Defiant run circles around my Hegh'ta the other day in Ker'rat. Other Defiants ran circle around it in the dogfighting last night in Ker'rat.
Wolfpacks are always lethal and do not point to OPness.

In fact I played for about 5 hours last night in K, on two toons and found that the combat was evenly matched and the win usaully went to whom had the best support and team play.
Sometimes it was feds, sometimes it was Klinks.
Nobody got rolled continiuosly or stomped without the ability to defend themselves and the Solo fights tended to be won by those with more experience in build design or pvP in general.

It was the most balanced I've seen fights in a long time. Everybody gave their best.
It was a blast!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 130
12-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Last night I was busy with my female Orion in the flesh...well, maybe she isn't beautiful as my female Orion in the game, but...sigh......anyway, what have you said? A Defiant was running around your agile Bop? You must be kidding? Nah, I don't believe it, I wanna see it with my eyes...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 AM.