Lt. Commander
# 11
11-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Hmm my fleet got a B put on the end, yet to my fleets knowledge there is no other 'United Federation of Planets', I have seen a 'United Federation of Planets.' (with a full stop on the end).

Also a fleet search shows no other fleet with our name, so why did we get changed when we are the only fleet with that name
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Could it be that we are all a part of the UFP? Maybe thats why?

Just guessin, yet it probably has something to do with what Stormy mentioned.....
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This has now been performed. If any fleets are still experiencing any lockout issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Shaun
My fleet "12th Fleet" that is ran by me is still locked out and still displays this message:
"This fleet has been blocked from appearing in Fleet Searches - contact a GM"
Any status update about this or will we have to wait another 6 months?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Pretty sure my fleet has this issue as well. We have a B beside our name, but have been a fleet for well over six months now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Any update on this matter or are we forgotten again?
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Two of the biggest fleets in the game being ignored. Fleets that at least try to bring people to STO and keep them interested. Fleets that stick with STO.

Sort out the issue Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Why should always have 5 man your own fleet wants to make why not with a man
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
Pretty sure my fleet has this issue as well. We have a B beside our name, but have been a fleet for well over six months now.
Likewise - probably closer to a year if not more.

Edit: In fact it has been over a year, I just checked..
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi gang!

Last week during our maintenance we fixed a bug which was allowing people to create fleets using names which were already taken. Now that this bug has been fixed, we'll be running script tomorrow (Friday, November 11, 2011) to remove duplicate fleet names from the game.

What this means:

If you belong to a fleet which currently has a "shared" fleet name, your fleet name may be changed tomorrow when this script is ran.

If your fleet was the first one created using a given name, your fleet name will remain unchanged.

If your fleet was created using the same name as another fleet, after the original fleet using that name was created, your fleet name will be changed. As an example:
  • The First instance of [Fleet] will remain unchanged.
  • The second instance of [Fleet] will become [Fleet] B.
  • The third instance would become [Fleet] C, etc.

Fleet leaders, should your fleets name be changed during this fix up, and you are not happy with the new name provided, you may change your fleet name. Doing so is both easy, and free. To do so:
  1. Open the fleet window
  2. Click on the information tab
  3. Find your fleet's name in the top left, and click Edit
  4. Type in your desired new name, and then click save
  5. As long as your new fleet name is unique, and conforms to the TOS, it will be permitted.

Should you have any questions regarding this, or should you experience any difficulties renaming your fleet, please respond to this thread, and I will do my best to assist you.

Thanks,

Stormshade
So how long has this error in creating fleet names been happening, Stormy? Forgive me, but I want in-game contact and I want the stardate the other fleet matching my fleet's name was created.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Perhaps old Fleets, now inactive, with the same name causing these issues?

Look here, the list of officially registered Fleets before game launch, in 2008.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...t=9791&page=17

Took me all of 10 seconds to see another United Federation of Planets fleet and a 12th fleet
So, obviously, judging by your stated fleet ages, you are not the first to come up with that name, no matter how big you are now.

Just guessing, but since no one else seems to have an answer...

I just wonder how many of those fleets listed there are still alive...?
That would an interesting comparison.