Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
12-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerx24
Don't even get me started on the new skill tree. Why would anyone spend tier 5 skill points for critical chance and critical severity? They used to be tier 2 and 3 skills. Wasn't this new skill tree meant to allow for better ground and space combo toons? From what i can tell the need for separate toons will be even more prevalent now.
I thought it was to make ship swapping and weapon swapping easier and that ground was to be seperately skilled? EVENTUALLY
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
12-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I thought it was to make ship swapping and weapon swapping easier and that ground was to be seperately skilled? EVENTUALLY
The ship swapping and weapon swapping are the only two things this new tree can provide that are a great advantage without respecing. The only thing that really sucks about this tree is the new cost for each teir. I think it went up a little bit too much. It almost makes spending anything at tier 5 not desirable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
12-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerx24
The ship swapping and weapon swapping are the only two things this new tree can provide that are a great advantage without respecing. The only thing that really sucks about this tree is the new cost for each teir. I think it went up a little bit too much. It almost makes spending anything at tier 5 not desirable.
50% increase. The design of teh new skill tree is to force areas of sacrifice. Most likely an attempt to achieve balance between the classes and to slow the game down some, as well as to allow some personal preferences to how tough, fast, accurate, etc your ship will be.

I sadi before (imo) that the effect seems to be Ship stats first, Engineering second then Tactical then Sceince. I haven't had much issue switching ships and the like, but my experience may be the lesser achieved as I've been tolld my builds suck.

PvE though should be fine for the most part if not more of a slug fest. The real trick is to see how PvP takes this change and what gripes will erupt.

You have to shave points from the lower tiers best you can to push some T5 skills higher than 4's.
Specialization or Jack-of-all-trades seems to be the path of the new skill tree. Both schools have thier weaknesess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
12-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
50% increase. The design of teh new skill tree is to force areas of sacrifice. Most likely an attempt to achieve balance between the classes and to slow the game down some, as well as to allow some personal preferences to how tough, fast, accurate, etc your ship will be.

I sadi before (imo) that the effect seems to be Ship stats first, Engineering second then Tactical then Sceince. I haven't had much issue switching ships and the like, but my experience may be the lesser achieved as I've been tolld my builds suck.

PvE though should be fine for the most part if not more of a slug fest. The real trick is to see how PvP takes this change and what gripes will erupt.

You have to shave points from the lower tiers best you can to push some T5 skills higher than 4's.
Specialization or Jack-of-all-trades seems to be the path of the new skill tree. Both schools have thier weaknesess.
I did some PvP in Kerrat today and it seems to have increased damage output. With even numbers, Fed' ships were giving as good as they were getting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
12-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I did some PvP in Kerrat today and it seems to have increased damage output. With even numbers, Fed' ships were giving as good as they were getting.
It was awesome, was it not? I had a blast last night and you are a worthy opponent in combat.

Those fight where the most balanced I have sen in a long time and where won more by teamwork than individual effort.
THough you all had some nasty Defiants out there just popping peeps, Science flinging sciencey things and Cruiser tanking and circling the field - we KDF had the same basically and it made for a great games.

I wonder where Mikey was?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
12-02-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It was awesome, was it not? I had a blast last night and you are a worthy opponent in combat.

Those fight where the most balanced I have sen in a long time and where won more by teamwork than individual effort.
THough you all had some nasty Defiants out there just popping peeps, Science flinging sciencey things and Cruiser tanking and circling the field - we KDF had the same basically and it made for a great games.
What? You mean that having everybody on an even footing as far as the skills and such go mean that fights are more even and balanced now?

Who would have thought it???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
12-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
What? You mean that having everybody on an even footing as far as the skills and such go mean that fights are more even and balanced now?

Who would have thought it???
I thought it often, just been waiting for it to happen and stick in place.
Last night was the most fun I've had in PvP in a long time. Not too much power spamming and not too restrictive at the same time. It was awesome.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
12-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It was awesome, was it not? I had a blast last night and you are a worthy opponent in combat.

Those fight where the most balanced I have sen in a long time and where won more by teamwork than individual effort.
THough you all had some nasty Defiants out there just popping peeps, Science flinging sciencey things and Cruiser tanking and circling the field - we KDF had the same basically and it made for a great games.

I wonder where Mikey was?
Why, thank you Roach. You were impressive as well. Last night was the first time in a while where my Excels' maneuverabilty and execution of S.C.M. (Space Combat Maneuvers) felt truely effective. I honestly had a good time. Those were high quality "furballs" and "knife-fights". That's what PvP is supposed to feel like. I hope to see a lot more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
12-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight. I tried taking my Karp into kerrat, & must of got jumped by 10 escorts.
I'm coming back today in my BoP.
Ker'rat is a DPS-A-Thon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
12-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Why, thank you Roach. You were impressive as well. Last night was the first time in a while where my Excels' maneuverabilty and execution of S.C.M. (Space Combat Maneuvers) felt truely effective. I honestly had a good time. Those were high quality "furballs" and "knife-fights". That's what PvP is supposed to feel like. I hope to see a lot more.
As do I. It was a blast and just felt right - as if the field was balanced and teamwork, timing and skill mattered more than ships, consoles and toon classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight. I tried taking my Karp into kerrat, & must of got jumped by 10 escorts.
I'm coming back today in my BoP.
Ker'rat is a DPS-A-Thon
Yeah, it was a furball of epic proportions.
Though there was a voQ and Karpi in our zone that were holding thier own fairly well imo.
Against that many escorts though, whew, anybody is going down.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.