Lt. Commander
# 21
11-26-2011, 03:18 AM
Argh! I need to find that post so I can announce it propperly!

Searching!

(Thank you very much)
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Thank you for the next german translation-update. But there are really BIG FAILS I Want to post them:

"Cure Space (normal)" isn't "Raum regenerieren (Normal)" it MUST be "Das Heilmittel - Raum (Normal)"
"Cure Grund (normal)" isn't "Boden regenerieren (normal)" it MUST be "Das Heilmittel - Boden (Normal)"
"Infected Space (normal)" isn't "Infizierter Raum (Normal)" it MUST be "Infiziert - Raum (Normal)"
"Infected Ground (normal)" isn't "Infizierter Boden (Normal)" it MUST be "Infiziert - Boden (Normal)

Then all the Fleetaction in the Launcher: sounds really very crazy. Please fix them. It's sceary.

I think, that I will find some other Transaltion-Bugs

I really hope, that this Transaltions will be fixed, with next Patch. Because, this is more bad, then when you translate them not.

Sorry Cryptic.

But I'm very happy, that you beginn with the trarnslation again
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Same procedure as allways: Cryptic tries to translate and everithing you get is nonsense!

My Opinion? They will never get it right!
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-02-2011, 12:33 PM
I think it's Google translate and not a real human translating those texts. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Hmmm...it must be Cryptics plan to neglect a proper translation and to force us to use the neglish client thus lowering their costs *lol*
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-04-2011, 11:06 AM
lol ich habe ein "Ophidianisches Rohr"
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-05-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
I think it's Google translate and not a real human translating those texts. Sorry.
No, you don't need Google Translate to get that kind of results.

Imagine you're a translator. You're not a software developer nor a Trekkie.

Then someone gives you a list of texts you have to translate that look like this:

"Infected Ground"
"Cure Space (normal)"

How are you supposed to know that there is a mission called "Infected" and this is the "ground part"? So you assume it means some ground that is infected (whatever that's supposed to be).

It is kinda weird that they translate cane with "Rohr" (tube, duct) and Cure with "Regenerieren" (regenerate). I don't think this is something Google Translate or similar automatic translation tools would do. (In fact, Google Translate specifically doesn't yield these results.)

The problem to me seems they have hired translators that are not familar with the material. And that always leads to bad translations.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-06-2011, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Now that we are part of Perfect World, we are once again updating our French and German translations. It will take a while to get everything up to date, but the first set of updates are in the current Tribble build.
Well, please hire a native German/French speaker who has learned English, instead of an English speaker who claims to have learned German/French.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
Well, please hire a native German/French speaker who has learned English, instead of an English speaker who claims to have learned German/French.
Preferably one who actually know Star Trek, otherwise the translated versions will end up with new (and possibly valid) new word constructs.
In addition someone who knows Star Trek will know which words not to translate, example:
TNG "Redemption", they translated disruptor as "Unterbrecher"...well this is the correct term but it's also incredibly silly because it sounds like a piece of the ship's engine is broken, noone would ever guess that was a weapon. So in most cases it's not translated and left as "disruptor" (thankfully!).
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-06-2011, 11:52 AM
@ Mustrum: Of course the translator needs to be involved with the project itself an then of course he knows it's a mission name etc. ... as I said, I'd offer myself for that job, but there is no opening.